.-.Friends.-.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
3rd person POV

Though she could not see, the meerkat heard at most three separate voices. Two male one female.

Her POV

Where are the voices coming from?
Are they all just in my head?

"Hey, small, new thing, do you speak?" Asked a gruff male voice coming from in my cage.

I stared into the corner of the cage squinting my eyes a bit. There I could see a slightly overweight (in my opinion) thing. It had white marks on its face. While most of it looked natural, it had metal ears and mouth.

I didn't want to speak. I don't think I could without passing out from the pain coming from the top of my head.

"She won't reply to you badger. Look at her poor thing she's just come here." Said the younger male voice coming from the cage next to me.

Shaking the slightest bit I turned my head to look over in the direction of the second voice.

Inches away from me I was shocked to see a fluffy creature with a long tail up against the bars of the cage separating the two of us. The creature, like the badger, had a completely metal tail. Its two front legs had also been exchanged for much uglier robotic legs that looked heavy to move.

"Come here creature." Said the animal softly.

I did as told and slowly moved over to the bars. I looked up to the creature although it was hard to see with the tears in my eyes.

The fluffy male animal bent its neck down to me then sticking out its tongue. I flinched when I felt it come into contact with my head.

It stung at first.

"What do you think she is cat?" Asked the female voice in the same cage as what I now know is a cat.

The grey cat finished cleaning up the dried blood on my face and then turned to look at the orange creature I could not identify yet.

"Thats a good question fox. I don't know what she is. What are you small animal?" That cat asked turning back to me.

I looked to the cat and then the badger and fox.

"My mother always said that me and my brothers were meerkats. So I guess I'm a meerkat." I said answering the fox who had a metal stomach.

"You must be tired meerkat. Get some sleep." Said the badger who was already half asleep.

"O-ok" I said. Without hesitation I walked over to him on all fours and laid down in a ball next to him just like I would do with my mother.

The badger huffed at first, got comfy and then wrapped an arm around the majority of my body.

"Night cat, night badger, night new meerkat." Said the sweet fox.

"Night fox." I said back before my body finally relaxed itself. My mind finally stopped
pounding so hard in my small head.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"Meerkat, meerkat wake up." Said the badger. He then walked over to where the cat and the fox were continuing their conversation.

"Does your head still hurt?" Asked the grey cat looking over to me.

"No, not that much anymore." I replied telling the truth.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

It seemed like none of us had any experiments today because nearly the whole day we talked about random things like ourselves as babies and our families and some of our interests.

I told them that I loved looking at the stars at night. And that I wanted a gun that some of the people walked past our cages with.

Cat also loved the sky and wanted to go and see it again with all of us.

"You know guys. When we leave these cages and go to our next home, I hope we can explore the sky and the stars." Cat said looking at me mostly.

"I hope so too cat." I said smirking at him.

There was a pause of comfortable silence.

"You know guys, when we leave these cages, there will be other animals as well. That means there will be more foxes, more cats, more meerkats and more badgers. So to tell us apart I think that we should have names." Explained fox.

"Names?" I asked.

"Yeah names so that we are unique. Because not everyone will have the same name as us." Said fox.

"Do you guys know what you wanna be called?" Asked badger.

"I've already thought about it. I wanna be called Ginger. Because although I'm orange, I don't wanna be named after a colour." She said.

"I think I know what I wanna be called too." Said badger.
"I wanna be called stripes. Because I have black and white stripes on my face." He explained.

"Very original. I like it stripes." I said.
"What about you cat?" I asked.

"I wanna be called Leo. I think it sounds cool. What about you meerkat?" He said.

"Hmmmm I think I wanna be called Maisie. Maisie the meerkat." I said.

"I love that name Maisie!" Said Ginger.

"And I love all of your names. But I have a question. As a group what are we? Because we can't just be strangers, we know each other." I said.

"I guess you could call us all friends because we all get along and we all have a good relationship with each other." Said stripes.

"I like that word, friends" said Leo.

"Me to Leo, my good friend."

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

What is this the fourth chapter omg.
MAISIE HAD FRIENDS!!!

922 words