[Pumpkin Patches and Jack-o-lanterns - ❤️☁️]

❤️ - Romantic IwaOi
☁️ - Fluff
******************

Oikawa and Iwaizumi were spending a crisp fall afternoon at the local pumpkin patch. It was getting really close to Halloween, so of course they had to get pumpkins to carve! 

The two of them walked through the patch, filled with hundreds of orange and white pumpkins to choose from. Oikawa was looking for the biggest one he could find. It seemed like none of them were big enough for him. 

"Iwa~Chan, help me!" Oikawa laughed, tripping over a small pumpkin and landing in the grass behind it. 

"You got down there yourself, you can get back up." Iwaizumi teased him with a small eye roll. Yet, he walked over to his brown eyed boyfriend and held a hand out to him. 

"So mean, Iwa~Chan. Have you found a pumpkin you like yet?" He asked, taking Iwaizumi's hand and pulling himself up off the cold ground. 

"Not yet, but there's plenty to look at." He smiled. Iwaizumi refused to let go of Oikawa's hand, partially because he knew he'd run off and fall on his ass again but also just because he felt like holding his hand. It's Rare that Iwaizumi engages in PDA, but today he really didn't care. He was on a pumpkin patch date with Oikawa, something he'd dreamt about since the two of them were children.

So, the two of them continued to search through the pumpkins, looking for the biggest, most perfect one they could find. 

After a while of searching, they found a decently sized pumpkin with little to no imperfections, making it the perfect pumpkin to carve up into a jack-o-lantern. 

"Now that we have this…let's head to the food stands for some apple cider and funnel cake." Oikawa suggested. Iwaizumi smiled and led the way back through the patch to where the food stands were set up. They had quite a few, which wasn't all that surprising. They had a whole stand dedicated to apple cider and spiked cider. Oikawa got spiked cider, of course. Iwaizumi got regular, seeing as he'd be the one driving them home. 

After getting cider and funnel cake, and getting a second cider for the road, they headed home to carve their pumpkin together. 

~~~

At home, Iwaizumi covered the picnic table in their backyard with an old party tablecloth and the tools. Oikawa was inside getting glasses of wine for the two of them to sip on as they carved the pumpkin. 

Once everything was ready, they sat down together and started drawing out ideas for what they were gonna carve. Iwaizumi wanted a more spooky look, but Oikawa had other plans. He wanted a 'cute' pumpkin. So, they attempted to compromise. 

It didn't work that great, none of the designs trying to combine the two's ideas really looked decent, so Oikawa gave in, offering to do a spooky scary pumpkin. Iwaizumi was excited, and agreed, drawing up one last draft of what face he wanted to carve into it. 

Once that was done, Iwaizumi started cutting through the top, not wanting to let a slightly intoxicated Oikawa near a knife of any sort. He could do the gross part of this project. 

Oikawa started pulling out pumpkin guts and seeds as soon as Iwaizumi was done cutting a hole in the top. He was more or less just messing around though, so Iwaizumi ended up taking over halfway through. He was excited to cut the face into it. 

Oikawa sat and sipped on the wine he had as he watched Iwaizumi clean the pumpkin out and then start to carve it. Even though Oikawa wasn’t really doing a whole hell of a lot, he was still enjoying his time. He always enjoyed spending time with his Iwa~Chan. 

“Hey, Tooru?” Iwaizumi turned to Oikawa in the middle of carving out the pumpkin’s face. 

“Hm?” He replied. 

“Can you go and grab the candle for this thing? I’m just about finished with it. Grab a lighter too, if you can even find one anywhere.” Iwaizumi asked. Oikawa did as asked, getting up from his spot on the bench and going inside their house to find the back of candles they’d gotten to light the pumpkin up, as well as a lighter. Can’t exactly light a candle without one. 

After a few minutes of searching, he eventually found the walmart bag on the counter in plain sight. He grabbed the pack of tea light candles and a lighter from their junk drawer and then headed back outside to see that Iwaizumi had finished carving the pumpkin out. All that was left to do was light a candle up and stick it in. 

“Found them~” Oikawa said as he sat back down in his spot next to his boyfriend. Iwaizumi thanked him and took the candles and the lighter from him. He opened the pack and lit one of the small tea light candles before sticking it in. 

“It’s getting dark, do we wanna go set this on the porch and see how she looks?” Iwaizumi suggested. Oikawa excitedly nodded, leading the way as he rushed through the side gate to get to their front yard. Iwaizumi smiled as he picked up the jack-o-lantern, following behind Oikawa a bit slower so that the candle didn’t blow out. 

He set it down on the porch step and then stood with Oikawa, who was standing on the sidewalk, to admire the work he’d done. 

“It turned out pretty great, don’t you think? We did amazing.” Oikawa laughed.

“We? I did all the work, you sat there watching. But yes, it did turn out pretty great.” He rolled his eyes before breaking out into another smile. Iwaizumi wrapped his arms around Oikawa, pulling him into a hug and staring at the lit up pumpkin. 

“I love you, Iwa~Chan.” Oikawa smiled as he melted into the hug. 

“I love you too, Tooru.” Iwaizumi smiled.