Chapter 25

"Thanks for the help, George. It means a lot." I said over the phone. "Of course. Plus, it helps me out, too. I won't have to deal with Matty being an asshole because he misses you." He said, making me chuckle. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow." I said. "Yeah, and I think you lucked out. Jamie isn't going to be with us for about 2 weeks. He's got some personal matter to attend to. At least, that's what he told us." He said. "Oh, thank god." I said. "What even happened with Jamie?" He asked me. "Long story." I said. "Alright, well, I've got to go. I'll make sure someone is at the airport to pick you up tomorrow." He said. "Thanks again, George." I said. "Anytime."

I looked over at Liz. "I'm fucking terrified." I said. "It'll be okay." She said. "What if he hates me, and then I'm stuck there?" I asked. "It'll be okay. I promise you." "You get to see Matty?" Hunter asked. "Yeah, kiddo." I said with a bit of a smile. "You're right. Flying is scary." He said. I knew he thought we were talking about me being scared to fly.

I looked around the room, trying to distract my mind. It's gonna be okay... I thought to myself... even though I hadn't been sure.

I decided that when I told Matty, I was just gonna outright say it. And if he didn't believe me, I would have the tests and ultrasound pictures to show him. I was terrified, I will admit. But what if he's happy about it? We could be a happy little family. And life would be even more perfect than it already is. I smiled at the thought of Matty with a little baby.

I laid on my bed, scrolling through instagram. Seeing all the fans posting pictures and videos of Matty and I. I love him. I really love him.

I took a breath, looking down at the ultrasound picture. How is this real? I mean, it was one fucking week of me being sexually active and somehow, I'm pregnant. How is this even possible?

 How is this even possible?

*In The UK*

I landed, and as i walked out, I saw George waiting for me. I walked over to him and hugged him. "Thank you for getting me here." I said. "Of course. How was the flight?" He asked me. "Eh, it was a flight. One that is way too long if I do say so myself." I said. "Matty is gonna be really happy to see you." He said.

*Bit Later*

Here I am, sitting on this hotel bed. I'm waiting for Matty to get here. George had texted me saying Matty was on his way from the venue, which is about a 10-minute walk. So he should be here any moment now.

As I sat there messing with my fingers, I heard the door unlock and open. I smiled, waiting for him to walk into view. He walked in and was looking down at his phone. "Jeez babe, I thought you would be more excited to see me." I said. He looked up, and he was completely shocked. "Are you really here?" He asked. I laughed, and he jumped on the bed, tackling me down on the bed. "Fuck I've missed you so much." He said. "I missed you too." I said. He pulled away slightly before kissing me. As we pulled apart, he looked at me with a wide smile. "How are you here?" He asked me. "I got some help from George." I said with a smile. "What are you doing here? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love that you are here. But what are you doing here?" He asked.

Was this where I tell him? Do I tell him I'm pregnant and risk the happiness I'm feeling right now? "I uh- I just needed to see you." I said softly. "Is everything okay?" He asked me. "Yeah, of course." I said. "Are you sure? Something sounds off." He said. "Yeah, I'm okay." He leaned down and kissed me again. "How long are you staying?" I let out a soft sigh, "sadly only till tomorrow night." I said. "What? Why?" He asked. I couldn't just be like, because I'm pregnant and I was scared you would hate me, so I made it so I would be going back hoke the next day.

"It's complicated." I said. We both sat up, and he looked at me. "What's going on, love?" He asked me. I knew I wasn't going to get around not telling him right now.

"Ummm..." I said. He grabbed my hand and looked at me. "It's okay, whatever is going on, it'll be okay." He said. "I uh- I'm pregnant." I said as almost a whisper. My voice had been restrained out of fear. "What?" He asked. "Yeah, I found out about 3 weeks ago. I'm 8 weeks along." I said. "Don't lie about thus shit Ember." He said. "I'm not." I said softly. I pulled out one of the tests I had taken and the ultrasound picture. He looked at it with a blank expression. "I-I need some air." He said as he got up, putting the test and picture on the bed and walking out of the room. I sat there and began to cry. I knew this would happen. He would leave. That false hope I gave myself that we would be a happy family, it was immediately crushed.