Chapter 9

Officially 2 months into tour. 2 and a half weeks till my mom's wedding, and I still haven't told her that I'm not gonna be able to go. "Hey, you alright? You've been super quiet." Matty asked. "Yeah, I'm just feeling like a horrible person right about now." I said. "What did you do?" He asked with a small laugh. "I took a job that takes 4 and a half months, and I can't leave to be at my mom's wedding." I said. "Wait, what? When is your mom getting married?" He asked. "June 14th." I said. "Shit." He said. "Yeah. And Jamie made it really clear that u won't be able to go." I said. "Why?" "Because we have a show on the 13th and the 15th. I have to be here." I said. "Yeah, but the wedding is on the 14th. Trust me, I'll get you there, okay? One way or another. You'll make it to your mom's wedding." He said. "Thank you. It seriously means a lot." I said. I hugged him, and he hugged me back. "I'm gonna go get coffee. Do you want anything." He asked. "No, thanks, though." I said. He walked out, and almost immediately, my phone began buzzing non-stop.

Liz: Hey, are you okay? I just saw the news.

Mom: Hey sweetheart, I just saw what happened. How are you holding up.

Matt: Hey, kiddo. I just heard what happened. If you need to talk, I'm here.

Ontop of those messages, I was getting a bunch of things on Instagram and so forth.

I decided to message Liz and ask what happened.

Ember: What happened? Of course I'm okay.

Liz: Oh my god, you don't know.

Ember: No, I don't. Tell me please.

Liz: You haven't seen the pictures of Matty floating around?

Ember: What do you mean?

Liz: Babes, he was kissing another girl.

Ember: Wait, what? When?

Liz: I don't know. These pictures were posted about 30 minutes ago.

I had messaged everyone who was asking if I was okay, and I told them I had been fine and that it was all just a big miscommunication.

I checked Instagram, seeing the picture of Matty kissing some girl. This had been a kiss with passion.

The door opened, revealing Matty.

"Hey, so I know you said you didn't want anything, but I got you a vanilla latte anyways." He said. "You're an asshole." I said. "What?" He asked. "You heard me." I said. "What the fuck did I do?" He asked. "You seriously couldn't wait just a little fucking longer." I said. "What?" And before I said anything else, I showed him the picture that had been all over my social media feed. "Why does it matter it's not like we're actually together." "Because for the last 2 fucking months I've been lying to everyone I care about. And then you go kiss some random chick and then I have to lie even more to the people I care about when they are asking if I'm okay and what happened because we have to stay together otherwise I loose my fucking job." I said.

"Okay, well, not everything is about you!" He yelled. "I'm sorry, my bad that I don't have rich parents. I can just ask for money when I need it, or a job that was practically handed to me that guarantees me good money." I said. "Are you fucking serious right now?" He asked. "Yes I'm fucking serious. You may not understand what it's like to need money, but to take care of three people, I need a shit ton more than I have so I do stupid shit like this so I can make money. Then you go and possibly throw it all away because you can't just fucking want a few god damn months." I said. "All right. I'm leaving. Maybe talk to me when you don't wanna be such a bitch." He said before he walked out slamming the door. I jumped at the loud noise, and I started to cry.

I didn't know if it hurt me because he could be causing me to lose my job, or if it was because of the yelling, or even this sick feeling in my stomach. That feeling I've had since Liz told me. If I was being honest, I think it's specifically that he was kissing a girl. Like I know we aren't together, but that shit hurts.

Matty's POV

I know I'm an idiot. I've already established that. I fucked up. I get that. But I never meant to yell at Ember. She didn't deserve that. She had a point. I could've really messed ahit uo for her. Ontop of that, seeing her so upset, it hurt me, I had this physical pain in my chest. I don't know how else to explain it. I had never felt like that with someone before. No one had ever made me so scared to hurt someone.

"Hey mate." George said to me. "Fuck off I'm not in the mood." I said. "What's your problem?" He said. "His girlfriend caught him cheating." Adam said, i swear i could'vepunched him right then and there. "She isn't- This is none of you fucking business." I said. "You cheated on Ember?" George asked me. "I didn't fucking cheat on her. That was some fucking fan that kissed me." I said, making up excuses for the real reason. "You're a horrible fucking liar." Adam said. "Listen, this isn't your guys' business. Just stay the fuck out of it." I said as I walked off.

"Hey don't be an asshole to us just because you fucked up." George said. I stayed quiet. "Why would you kiss another girl?" He asked me. "Because I'm fucking crazy for her." I said. "You were with Ember, but you have feelings for someone else?" He asked. "No. I mean, Ember makes me crazy. I cant fucking think about anything other than her. Shes the only thing i can fucking focus on." I said. "So you kiss another girl?" He asked. "You don't understand. I can't feel this way about her. It won't work." I said. "Why not?" He asked me. "Because there are just things you don't understand." I said. "Clearly." He added.

Ember's POV
Why? Ever since that night when he had helped me after my nightmare, I've had this pull to him. Where I just feel so comfortable and happy around him. I feel safe. I haven't felt like that since I was 15. But somehow, he did it. Somehow, he made me feel okay. I wish it wasn't the case, but I was jealous out of my mind seeing that picture of him with some other girl.

"Hey, can I come in?" I heard someone ask as there was a knock on the door. "Yeah." I said softly. The door opened, revealing Ross. "Hey." He said. "Hi." I said as I wiped the tears from my face. "Listen, Ember, I don't know why he did it, his fucks up all the time. But I know he does care about you. He's just an asshole who says and does stuff without thinking. I hope you know he really cares about you." He said. "Yeah, he clearly does." I said as i thought back to him yelling at me, telling me that i was actung like a bitch. That hurt. Hurt more than i thought hearing something like that would. "He does. Just give it time. You'll see that." Ross said. I nodded.

Matty's POV

"I can't do this right now." I said. I went to walk away once more. I couldn't handle all the pressure from the guys. I get it, i fucked up, believe me i fucking know. But them reminding me isn't helping me any. "You're really just gonna leave her crying?" Ross said. I felt as if my heart dropped to my feet. "What?" I asked as I turned around. Crying? Is she really crying? Man I fucked up worse than I thought. "She's still in there, crying. You fucked up badly Matty. Now go fucking fix it. She doesn't deserve this shit." He said. I knew he was right, but I said some shitty stuff to her. She's probably hella mad at me.

Ember's POV

I sat there, still in shock. I was mad because of what could happen because of this. But I also couldn't shake that feeling that I wasn't the only girl he made feel safe. Or maybe I was stupid for feeling that way. He probably didn't care about me anyway.

The door opened. I didn't want to look up. I was done with people at this point. "Ember?" I heard. It was him once again. "What do you want?" I asked. I was so hurt that i just hated the idea of seeing him right now. Especiallycause i had no real reason to be mad or upset. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you, okay?" He said. "Mhm, are we done now?" I asked. If I talked to him much longer, I'd probably break down. Why did he make me feel this way? I thought to myself. "I'm sorry about kissing that girl. Okay. I'm sorry for possibly risking this job for you. I'll come up with a way to sell it to the fans that it wasn't like it seemed." He said. "Why did you kiss her? Like what made you think, 'Oh, this is a good idea'. Because I'm utterly confused." I said. "I-I... I don't know." He said. I nodded. "I'm sorry, though. Okay? I will fix this, I promise." I nodded again.

He stepped closer to me and grabbed my hands. "Im am asshole, i know. Believe me, i get it. And if you really hate me, you can scream at me right now. You could slap me, and i wouldn't even think twice. I messed up. I get that." He said. "I dont hate you." I said. He gave me a soft smile. He leaned forward and pressed a kiss to the top of my head. He was actually sincere. To think the boys always tell me his basically heartless...