Chapter 11

"What is what?" He asked. "This, us." I said. He stayed quiet. "I mean, I know we're in a fake relationship, but you've just... I-" I stopped not knowing what to say. "I don't want this to be fake anymore." He said. "What?" I asked. "I want us to be together. Like actually together. I like being with you. I don't want to keep faking it." He said. I smiled at him. "I didn't know." I said softly. "It's okay if you don't feel the same. I understand." He said. "Matty..." I said softly. "Hmm?" He asked as he looked into my eyes. "I do feel the same." I said with a smile.

I leaned forward and kissed him softly. He placed both hands on each side of my waist, and he pulled me in, deepening the kiss. "Soooooo... what are we?" I asked. "Wasn't it obvious?" He asked. I shook my head, already knowing the answer. He then leaned forward and kissed me again. As we pulled apart, he smiled at me. "Happy birthday to me." I said with a smile, making him laugh.

"You ready to go?" He asked me. I nodded. But before we could leave. I hugged him again. "Thanks again for the camera." I said. "Anything for you." I kissed him softly again, and this time, we actually left the room.

We left the hotel and as we started walking I looked at him. "So what exactly are we doing?" I asked. "Well, most restaurants aren't open right now. So, I was thinking we could go to this ice cream shop, then walk around the city for a while." I smiled at him. "Sounds perfect." I said. We continued walking until we got to this ice cream parlor. We both ordered, and Matty paid. "Thank you." I said softly. He just smiled at me before reaching out and grabbing my hand.

"You know, as much as it sucked in the beginning, I guess we should be thanking Jamie for this. If it weren't for him, this wouldn't be happening." I said. Matty chuckled. "You have a point." He said. I wrapped my arm around his pulling me closer to his body. "New York City is actually really beautiful." I said. "It is." He added.

"So, I got Jamie to agree to let me go with you to your mom's wedding." He said. "Wait, seriously?" I asked. He nodded. "Oh my god, you're the best!" I said as I jumped and hugged him. "I can't wait to tell my mom you'll be there. She won't stop asking me about you." I said. He chuckled, and I pulled away from him.

"So, your mom's fiancee. Do you like him?" He asked me. "I do. He's a great guy. He's what my mom deserves." I said with a smile. "Are you and your mom close?" Matty questioned. "God, she's like one of my best friends. Ever since I was 12, she was my number 1." I said. He smiled. "I'm actually really excited you get to meet her." I said. "Speaking of, I'm one of her maids of honor. So I'm going to have to be with her starting pretty early. So I won't really see you much till the wedding." I said.

*Later*

We continued walking, and I realized how late it had been. "Matty." I said. "What?" He asked. "It's almost 4 in the morning. We have to be up in an hour and a half." "Shit seriously?" He asked. "Yeah." I said. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to keep you out this late." He said. I looked at him and smiled. "It's okay. Don't worry about it. I'm glad you did." I said. "You sure?" I nodded with a smile. "But, we should seriously head back to the hotel." I said. He agreed.

As we got to the hotel, I plopped down on the bed. "I'm exhausted, yet wide awake." I said. Matty laughed at me and smiled. I got back up and grabbed my clothes, then went to the bathroom to change. I slipped on a pair of shorts and an oversized t-shirt. Then I took off my makeup and put my hair up.

I walked out of the bathroom, and I saw Matty laying on the bed fast asleep. I smiled softly at the image, and then I carefully climbed into the bed and under the covers. I didn't want to wake him, so I stayed clear of his body. But the next thing I know, two arms are wrapped around me, pulling me into his warm body. "Goodnight." I said to him with a smile and a bit of a blush. "Goodnight." He said half asleep before he kissed the back of my shoulder. "Happy birthday, love." He said. "Technically, it's not my birthday anymore." I said with a small chuckle. "Shut up and go to sleep." He said, making me laugh. "Thank you for everything. It was all really sweet. And by the way, I loved that song earlier." I said. But I got no response. All I heard was soft snores leaving his lips.

I felt so happy and content, knowing he was happy and knowing that he felt this way about me. I never would've imagined that he would ever reciprocate those feelings I only realized I had when we had gotten in the fighter after kidsing some random girl. Ever since that day,  he's been so amazing to me. And I'm really glad he felt the same way about me. It made it all the more special.