Chapter 2

Here I am. Los Angeles California. I took a deep breath before I saw the car that had been there for me, pull up. The driver stepped out of the car to greet me and help with my bags. "Ember, it's lovely to meet you." He said. "Jamie, right?" I asked. He nodded. "Why don't you get in the passenger seat, and I'll get your bags." He said with a smile. "Thanks." I added. I sat in the car, then got on my phone and texted Liz, letting her know i was being picked up.

Liz: TURN YOUR LOCATION ON INCASE YOU GET KIDNAPPED.

I laughed but did it anyways knowing she would be mad at me if I didn't. Just then, Jamie got back. I'm the car. "So where exactly are we going?" I asked. "The hotel. You'll be able to relax before our crew dinner." He said. "Crew dinner?" I asked. "Oh, the whole team is going out for dinner. We do it at the beginning of every tour." He said. "Got it." I said.

*At the hotel*

As I sat on the bed, my phone began ringing. I looked at the caller ID, seeing it was my mom. (a/n: I'm basing her mom off of my mom. But her fiancee is my mothers celebrity crush... well... one of them.) I answered with a smile. "Hey, sweetie." She said. "Hey, mom." I said back. "How are you feeling? Are you excited?" She asked, talking about my new job. "I'm so excited, but I'm also extremely nervous." I said. "Why?" She asked. "Well, this is such a big step, and it could go one of two ways. Either absolutely amazing or insanely terrible." I said. "It's going to be perfectly fine. You just need to believe in yourself." She said.

I wanted to change the subject from me to my mom because I was just getting more anxious thinking about this job. "So, how's the wedding planning coming?" I asked her. "Good, Matt, and I have gotten everything put together for the most part. You and the girls are still okay to be my bridesmaids, right?" She asked. "Of course!" My mom and I have always had a close bond. In turn, my mom has also always had a close relationship with my best friends. She would even call them her other daughters. So it meant a lot to her that we were in her bridal party.

"Have you picked out what you're doing for the bridesmaids' dresses?" I asked. "Well, I think I'm gonna let you all pick what dresses you want to wear just in a certain color." She said. "Sounds perfect. What color?" I asked. "Like a grey-ish blue." She said. "I love that idea, mom." I said. I looked at the time, seeing I needed to get ready for this dinner. "Shit, mom, I gotta go. I've got a crew dinner tonight. But I can call you in the morning." I said. "Sounds great, sweetheart, just remember, relax, you deserve to be there, and you're going to do amazing." "Thanks, mom." I said. "Anytime. Now I love you go have fun." She said. "Love you too." I said before she hung up.

*outfit*

*outfit*

I fixed my hair by just throwing a few curls. I'm to have some volume to it, and then I ran my fingers threw it. I touched up my makeup, then put a bit of perfume on. I slipped my shoes on and then headed down to the lobby where Jamie had told me to meet him. I stood there waiting, but it didn't take long for Jamie to get there. "You ready to go?" He asked. I nodded. "Great."

*at the restaurant*

I sat at the table and looked around. A few people started showing up and introduced themselves to me. Looks like I'm the only new person. So that just means more awkwardness for me. I took a breath, and then 3 guys walked over to the table. "George, Adam, Ross. I'd like you to meet the new tour photographer, this is Ember." Jamie said. "Hi." I said with a soft smile. "Ember, this is 3/4th of the band." Jamie added. I nodded. "Speaking of, where is Matty?" Jamie asked the guys. "No idea." Ross said. "Beats me." George said. I let out a small laugh. "You guys had one job, not to let Matty out of your sight because then he wouldn't come to the dinner." Jamie said.

"He said he was going to the bathroom. The next thing we know, it's been an hour, and he was nowhere to be seen." Adam said. I let out another small laugh. "Well, whatever, he has to be back by tomorrow so we can get this show rolling." Jamie said. "We know. And he knows it too. He'll be back." Ross said. "He always comes back." George said. "Yeah, you're right." Jamie said. Then he looked at me. "Looks like you'll just have to meet him tomorrow." He said. I agreed, and then it wasn't long before all the conversations started.

"This is our last night before we have 4 months of practically back to back shows. So everyone, relax and have a good time." Jamie said. "Wait, 4 months?" I asked. "Yeah, is that a problem?" He asked me. "Well, I thought it was only going to be 3 months. I kinda have something going on at the beginning of June, I need to be back home for it." I said, thinking about my mom's wedding. "Well, you're just gonna have to reschedule."

You've gotta be kidding. I can't miss my mom's wedding. I'm literally her second maid of honor. Plus, she's my mom. I can't miss it. I guess I'll just have to figure something out closer to the time of the wedding. We continued talking and eating. And it wasn't long before everyone headed back to the hotel. Everyone seems really cool. The band is pretty nice. Well, at least the members I met.

I went back to my room and sat on my bed. All I could think about was how this was such an amazing opportunity, but it could cause me to miss my mom's wedding.

I got changed and took my makeup off, then I decided to take a nice long warm shower, then after that I did my night routine, then got into the bed. This is about to be the best but probably scariest 4 months of my life.