BC86: Consumed (Menagerie)-5

Start from the beginning

"Because your partner unplugged it," Mercury snapped at her.

"From that room, but the ship has an intercom," Hypnosia said. "Your children's chance of safety on the mainland are not wonderful right now. Better for me also, as I'm currently defenseless."

She snapped her fingers, and a Grimm fell down in front of her.

"Defenseless, yeah," Mercury said, stamping on it so that it dissolved.

"I'm not good for many more of those," Hypnosia said, wiping her forehead.

"I don't know how to hook a scroll up to the intercom," Mercury said.

"I do," Hypnosia said. "I passed my time riding this tub doing something productive."

"Well, be my guest," Mercury said.

"Give her a scroll then," Pyrrha said. "I can take care of the rest of the Grimm on this level for now."

"I can help," Ben said, stepping out.

"Benjamin..." Pyrrha said.

"Mom," he said frowning. "Don't you need help right now? What choice do we have?"

"Let the kid help if he wants," Mercury said. "He's got a weapon."

"Of course he does. We didn't let them come unarmed," Pyrrha said. "But I didn't want them to have to use it... But yes, I suppose it's better than waiting for it... You stick close to me and help, but don't go off after any of them yourself."

Ben nodded.

"What about me?" Polly asked, looking out the door. She had a sword out too--it was also a crossbow.

[You think this is funny, but keep in mind they are the same age Ruby was at Signal Academy, and she made her own freaking weapon by then.]

Jodie had the younger kids.

"I can keep an eye on them," she said.

"We'll be good," Davi said.

"We can scare the Grimm away," Franz said.

Lux was thankfully happily asleep right now; she could sleep through anything.

Pyrrha wished Jaune was there so this decision wasn't just on her.

"Hey!" They heard Jaune suddenly.

He came around the hall.

There had been some Grimm at that end, but he'd already stopped them.

"Yang, Neptune, and I came to help deal with this," he said, seeing the others. "Nothing we do against the bugs is helping, so we're doing this... Are all of you kids okay?"

"We're fine," Polly said.

"Ben just killed a Grimm," Jodie said proudly.

Ben looked shy.

"Oh, really? That's awesome," Jaune said. "Pyrrha?"

"I'm all right, Jaune." Pyrrha smiled faintly. "Better now that you're here."

"You two make me sick," Mercury said.

"Agreed," Hypnosia said.

"You don't get to say that," Mercury said.

"Hey, isn't she a bandit?" Jaune said.

"She's helping right now," Mercury said. "It's in her best interest to make sure the Grimm don't eat her. We have an idea for getting the music back on. Since you're here, why don't you help clean out the ones that just went down the next deck? The doors aren't holding very well now. Emerald is still in sick bay with that medic, and the other kids are down there too who aren't up here."