𝟎𝟏𝟕 "𝐅𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞" 𝐏𝐭. 𝟐

"Kaz, you know you don't need to walk me home, right?" Evelyn said.

"No, it's fine." He replied, "I need to get some things I left there anyway. I'm not gonna let you just walk back your self at night."

"Well, thank you. I appreciate it." She said. She took her phone out and saw the time. It was 8 P.M. She didn't really care and opened her camera app and took a selfie with Kaz. "Ooh, that's a good one." Evelyn laughed.

They got to the hospital and Kaz got his things and left. "See you tomorrow."

"Bye," she said and started walking to her room. She saw Phoebe still sitting there, playing a game on her phone. "Oh you're back. Spill the tea!"

After she took a shower, Evelyn sat on her bed and started explaining. Afterwards, Phoebe looked surprised. "Stephanie is insane. And she got his number after?" She asked, Evelyn nodding.

•••

The next day, Kaz came into the hospital and got his lab coat on.

"Hey," Evelyn said behind the desk. "You're late."

"Shut up, Horace will get onto me." He replied, his phone then pinged. "Oh," he took his phone out of his pocket and checked the message and giggled.

"What?"

"Stephanie."

Evelyn rolled her eyes. "Oh, the fake blonde."

"Oh! I have a favor to ask you." Kaz said, then sitting at the other chair at the desk.

Evelyn nodded, telling him to continue as she entered information into the hospitals digital records.

Kaz started to explain, "I think Stephanie is interested in me. So, Monday at school we need to break up. And make it dramatic."

"Oh, no. How will I ever get over you." She replied sarcastically and returned to work.

•••

On Monday, Kaz started to announce in the middle of the hallway, "Hey, Evelyn. I think we should just be friends."

"Okay," Evelyn said, forgetting about the fact she was supposed to reply dramatically. "What will I ever do? I guess I'll have to live with us just being friends."

After that, Evelyn walked to her locker with Skylar and Oliver. "Look who's talking to Stephanie now," Skylar said. "Or as I call the little brat."

"Exactly. I've tried to tell him," Oliver added.

"I'm just gonna leave it alone until she dumps him." Evelyn said, walking down the hallway into one of her classes.

During her class, English, she saw Stephanie. Ew. Wait- why is she sitting here? I might vomit.

"Hey girl!" Stephanie said.

Evelyn sucked her teeth, "Hey, Stephanie." She said, annoyed, "what are you doing here? Sitting here, I mean."

"Just wanted a new spot, you know? How are you girl?" She said happily- maybe a little too happy.

Horrible now that she's here. "Great." Evelyn gave a fake smile.

"That's... Great." She said, with a pause.

Evelyn nodded, then looking down messing with her bracelets. One that she shared with her sister, one her mom got her - she really needs to take that off - and one Kaz gave her. Funny. She didn't remember that one. When did he even give her that? That doesn't matter.

Evelyn looked up. "So why are you sitting here?"

"I don't know. I mean you're one of Kaz's friends. I wanted to be a good girlfriend." She smiled. Does she actually like him? No. Right?

"But you're never a good girlfriend-" Evelyn blurted, then cut herself off, "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. It's true." She replied, "but I figured I could be better this time. I wanna get to know him more."

***

After English, Evelyn waved goodbye to Stephanie. Could we actually be friends? Evelyn was so confused.

She shook her head and ignored it, then seeing Oliver near their lockers. "Uhm what was that?" He asked angrily.

Evelyn stared at him, crossing her arms. "What?"

"That little-" Oliver said, mocking her wave and smile, "-to Stephanie?"

The girl rolled her eyes, "She sat next to me and we talked. Okay?" She answered, her arms down, now playing with her bracket - Kaz's bracelet. "I mean might as well try to get along with her if she's dating Kaz."

"Okay, okay. But I'm not buddying up to her." Oliver defended.

Then, Stephanie came over. "Sorry," she said, looking at an obviously annoyed Oliver. "Evelyn, can we trade numbers?"

"Yeah, I got you." The girl said, putting her number into Stephanie's phone. "Bye." They both waved.

Oliver stared at them, not sure what to think of the interaction.

"Oh shut up."