006 "𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠"

A few days later, Evelyn was bored on her break and decided to walk outside.

She started walking outside until she saw Kaz and Oliver. She forgot that it was around the time school ended for them.

She hung her head lower and hoped they'd just ignore her or not notice her. She attempted at quickly walking past them. She just wanted to finally have some alone time to herself. Sure she liked her new friends, they're even the only friends she's had for a while, she still wanted to have alone time.

"Oh, hey, Evelyn." Oliver greeted with a wave.

Evelyn looked up and decided to just play along. "Hey, guys."

"What are you doing out here?" Oliver asked.

Evelyn sighed and stuffed her hands in her pockets. "Just walking. I was actually gonna go to The Domain during my break."

"Really? Cool, we can all go together. We'd be early if we went to work now anyways." Kaz suggested.

Evelyn honestly would've preferred that than just hanging out at the hospital. "Yeah, sure. Why not?"

They walk inside, them both seeing the store owners, Walice and Clide.

"I've never actually been here before." Evelyn admitted.

"Really?" Oliver asked.

"Mmhm," Evelyn replied, skimming over the comics.

She noticed a comic book of herself, the last installment of 'The Communicator' and some 'Flame Thrower' comics as well. Evelyn waved at Kaz to come over to show him.

"Yeah?" He asked.

She picked up her sisters last comic, "Look. It's my sist- Flame Thrower's comic." She said, noticing Oliver started directing his attention.

Oliver got up and stood next to the two of them, too. "Oh, cool. And look, The Communicator's last comic. Wonder what happened to her this was six months ago." Oliver said, holding Evelyn's comic book.

"Um, I don't know," Kaz said while glancing at Evelyn.

Oliver scoffed, tossing it back into the lineup of comics. "I mean, what did she do - retire? And she's probably our age."

Evelyn's eyes widened, "Let me at him." She mumbled to Kaz who took her arms and made sure she didn't go over to Oliver and defend his comment by almost revealing herself as the former hero in public. The girl looked back at him, saying, "You do know how scrawny you are, right?"

"Okay, I am offended by tha-" he started, then got kicked in the shins, "-Ow!"

"Okay, Oliver I will have you know that maybe The Communicator had parent issues!" She said, "Or- never mind."

"What? No, her parents are the Icicle and Instructo. I'd love to have them as my parents." Oliver said.

Evelyn rolled her eyes. "Whatever," she said, walking back over next to Kaz, skimming comics again. She picked up an Icicle and Instructo comic and handed it to Kaz, not wanting it at all. "I wish I could put that in a paper shredder," she muttered. She took it back and flipped through it, "People think they're so great."

"Hey, guys, guess what I found in The Communicator's last comic book." Oliver said, walking once again over to the two. "There's an argument of her with her parents."

"Oh, really? I had no idea." Evelyn commented. "Guess I'm a good guesser." She nervously chuckled. "Um, well let's just go now, yeah?" Evelyn took the comic from him, noticing it was on the page of the argument.

"Well, I think we'll be late," she says as an excuse.

Word Count:
576