013 "𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥"

A week later, Evelyn's time being a patient was over. She still had to put on aloe vera and had very significant burn marks, but that didn't matter much.

"Hey, Evelyn. You exited?" Kaz asked. After she gave a puzzled look, he explained, "You have school tomorrow. I wouldn't be, but you're not me."

Evelyn smiled and replied, "I don't know, I mean I've been gone for six months. What am I supposed to tell people? And I'm genuinely just scared."

"I think you should do it. Plus, I convinced the guidance counselor to make up ur schedule where no matter what, you'll be in a class with me, Oliver, or Skylar. And at school she's Connie." Kaz explained.

"Really? That's awesome, thanks." Evelyn said.

"Oh! And I almost forgot, we normally walk to school with Skylar, so you'll walk with us, too."

"Great. I'll see you tomorrow morning then with Oliver." Evelyn said.

•••

The next morning, Evelyn was deciding her outfit. She was planning with Skylar as well. Evelyn grabbed an outfit.

She then braided her hair into French braids

She then braided her hair into French braids. "How do I look?"

"Good," Skylar replied.

"Thank you. I think Oliver and Kaz will be here any minute." Evelyn said as they walked pit of her room and walked outside the hospital with their backpacks.

"Hey, guys." Oliver said as they arrived. "Ready?"

Everyone nodded and started walking there. Once they arrived, Evelyn looked for her locker, finding it was next to Kaz and Oliver's. "Well, here comes the back to school bullying."

"What?" Skylar asked, who now went by Connie in school to not raise suspicion.

Evelyn started to explain, "They always bully me. If they find out the reason I left school, it'll be no different."

"Who would do that?" Kaz inquired.

"Stephanie, that little b-" Evelyn started, getting cut off by a lovestruck Kaz.

"Beautiful human being? I know, right?" He said, practically with stars in his eyes.

Evelyn rolled her eyes and nudged his arm with her elbow. Stephanie saw her and walked over. "Hey, Kaz. Who is this? Your girlfriend?"

"Uh, yeah." He said as Evelyn looked at him confused.

Evelyn decided to play along. "Yep," and she wrapped her arm around him. Although it was only to take his wallet. She took a twenty dollar bill and gave the wallet back to him.

"Seriously? You're dating the loser that dropped out?" Stephanie asked.

"Yes. I mean- she's no loser. Right..?" Kaz said, not knowing what to call her.

"Call me honey nugget." Evelyn commanded, "twirl my hair." Kaz did so. "See, you can't just let these ones get away."

"Sure. Kaz you never did those things when you liked me."

"He must like me more." Evelyn smiled, making Stephanie scoff and the bell rang for class.

Not the girl meets world reference ✋😩