Chapter 1

Uta pov

I was at my studio fumbling around with some needle and thread, when a couple of familiar looking ghouls came in. "Well well well look who we have here." I spin around facing Eto, and Tatara. "I guess your not here for masks?" I say..Tatara and Eto had their masks on. "Oh..no not today Uta" smiles Eto. "We have some business to talk about." Eto smiles as she leaps up onto a glass show case then sat on it. "Oh? and do you have the money for that kind of thing?" I lean on my chair and put my knees up to my chin. Tatara pulls out a small envelope and gives it to me. I look at the contents. "Hmm." I count the green and stuff it in my pocket. "Okay...I'll bite what is it you need?" I slowly stand up. "We need some information from the 4th ward. I here you have a resource there. that can get it done." Tatara speaks. "Hmph" I stifle a laugh picturing (Y/n) face yelling at me for asking her favors. "I do..but no guarantee that they will do it." Tatara glared at me. "I guesss I can do it. but its going to cost more." I hold my fingers out and put them together. Tatara sighs and grabs a bundle of money and puts it in my hand. "Thank you." I smirk as I pull out my cell and scroll down the list of names. Even though her name was at the top..I made it look like it was at the bottom. I hit dial...

Your pov

You slowly reach down from the vent trying to grab the diamond you snatch it and slowly bring your self up when your cell blaring. "EEh!" you drop the diamond and reach to grab it..you caught it with two fingers. You let out a sigh. As you search for your cell through your pockets. You sigh when you realize who it was. "I'm busy." You snap as you lay down on the vent putting the diamond in your pocket. "Y/N-" He began you hung up and began escaping.

A few minutes later

You redial and the call goes through Uta picking up. "What is it?! three months and you don't bother calling!" You start shouting. "You have a job." Uta says. "Geez you stupid idiot! 3 months! and you call for me to do your bidding!" you shout with frustration. "I know.." Uta says you knew he was smiling. "Stop grinning you." You snap as you walk down the ally ways. "Whats the job." You breath out. as You listen. "Okay...got it...You better be paying me big bucks." You threaten then hang up

Uta pov

Eto and Tatara could here someone shouting through the line then slowly quiet down. I turn around hanging up. "They accept."

You pov

You throw the diamond on a pile of other jewels on your couch. You took jewels and got money from it. Then with that money you would buy a load of meat and give it to ghoul orphanages. You grab a cup of cold coffee and sip it down as you prepare for your job that Uta gave you. You hated to be relied on. So whenever given a job you would finish it right away. The info you had to collect was some ghoul gang. You knew them well. The Widows. A gang of ghouls who wore black and a splash of red on their backs. Their leader was Opta Arika. The gang was all female ghouls. You tasseled your hair and then tore some jeans and a jacket and changed into them. You looked in the mirror.

You walked to the widows hideout which was a huge bar. You had your mask folded up in your jacket pocket. You forced tears to come out and you cut your skin with your finger name and made it look like you where abused. You smirk in the window reflection then walk in.

Loud blaring music played disco lights flashing everywhere Ghouls where dancing or drinking hot coffee. You made your way to where a group of Widows where. You stood in front of them and sniffled a cry. The ghouls stare up at you. Then they all smirk and show you to the back. Widow gang members where all abused by other ghouls or CCG that's how you get in. if your abused. You didn't mind the group. but How they solve their problems was strange. They would behead all that oppose them. And hang them in the streets. You entered a white room with glass everywhere. In the back was a black box with weird markings...That was your target. IN front of that little box was a woman dressed in black with red splashed in the front. Which meant she was the leader. "My lady" bows one member. You kneel on one knee. Arika walks up to you. "Child...what has happened to your lovely complexion?" she asks. You sniff and look up. "My...my boy---boy friend.." you begin to cry as you wipe your tears away. You channel it all towards Uta..."Oh dear child.." she kneels and puts her hand to your face. "You want to join our club? for protection?" she asks You nod weakly. "I..I'm sorry I'm so weak..I..I'm never like this.." you mutter as you wipe your tears. "Don't worry sister..we'll train you to become strong..and how to deal with boys" she stands up holding your hand. Right then you twist her around so your hand was to her throat. The other widows shot their kakugans out towards you. "Eh..I wouldn't" you mutter as you slowly drag her towards the box. "Sorry..I would join but I am sadly in another..." You say as you reach behind you and grab the box. "Thank you for being a captive." You smile then throw her into the others. You throw your mask on. And used your kakugan as shards bounced off your skin. You ran through them shoving the ones in the way. You made it out into the club you here widows shout and began swarming. You leap over the bar counter and grab whiskey and a lighter from a guy's pocket which was sticking out. "Now...ladies...you come closer..and no more bar.." You say. "Let her go" hisses Arika as she walks out her eyes with fury. You smirk and slowly walk to the exit you could feel the box in your pocket. "Thanks." You shout then throw the whiskey on the cement ground and poof into flames.

The next day you drove up to 20th ward with big black shades on. You had a black mustang. You listened to loud music as you go by. You danced here and there for some songs. As you drove by. Guys would shout out to you. You ignored them and put a bigger smile on. You slowly turn down the music as you neared Uta's studio. You park in the parking lot. You had a leather bag with the box inside. You walk down the stairs and open the door. You didn't see Uta but you knew he was somewhere. "Uta-ant!" you shout as you leap onto the glass casing. "I am here! where my money!" you shout. You see Uta slowly walking out with a mask in his hands and needle and thread in the other. He grabs the leather bag from you and shoves the mask into your hands. "Sew." he demands. You glare at him and begin sewing. You used to help make masks with him before he moved. "Why this color thread?" you ask as you put the thread through the mask's frame. "Cause its cool." he retorts as he takes the box out and examines it. "I'm sure it was but look it doesn't go with this side!" you complain holding it to his face. "its goes." he says "No it doesn't." "yes it does" he argues "Like crap it does." you argue back "Get that out of my face." He demands "No look!" you shout "Look at the horror you created! you lacking my friend." you gasp as you pat his back "first its the eyes then its the nose..and so on then you will be a crippled!" you wrap your arm around him now. "But! don't worry I'll put you in a good nursing home" you wink. He raises an eye brow at you then sets the box down. "Goodbye." he says as he scurries to the back of the room. "You don't say hi, or 'thanks (Y/N) I appreciate the box!'" you intimidate him. "I don't sound like that." he says as he turns around "Oh no you totally sound like that!" you say as you twirl the sewn mask around your finger. "Goodbye! Uta-Ant!" You say waving as you put the mask down. Right when you where about to leave five ghouls come in. "Look at that!" says one. "OOh!" another one is taken by a metal mask. "I recommend the scale looking metallic mask over there its sturdy, and durable" you say as you lead one over to to. You could see Uta watching with a small grin on his face As you handled them. You see a ghoul looking at a red mask with horns. "You know you want to try it on!" you shout with your smile. At then you got everyone of them to buy a mask. After they left you turn around with your hands on your hips. "Wah lah sold" You squeal as you jump up and down "I'm an awesome sales person!" you say proudly. "You should stay for this weekend and help out" Uta offers. "You want me to help you work weekends" you raise an eye brow. "Uh huh.."

So you ended up agreeing to help him. At the moment it was Thursday. You both where sitting at his table which was in the basement of the building. He lived in the basement. it was a 3 story top floor for guests or..you second the mask shop third his place. You both drank cup after cup of coffee. You smile "Its good seeing you in person Uta" you say with a smile. "Same to you (Y/N)" he mutters as he sips his coffee. You giggle as you remember how you both met. "Whats so funny? your mocking my looks again?" he asks as he stares at you with his ghoul eyes. "Nothings...just remembering.." you grin.

Flashback

Glass shattered as the younger you ran through the streets. "Hey!" you hear the ghouls behind you shout. "Wait till we catch you!" shouts one "Can't hurt me if you can't touch me!" you shout as you run around the corner. "Awww" dead end. You turn around slowly. "That arm is ours missy" says the tallest ghoul. "So? you should share! I can't hunt yet!" You protest. "Your a kid learn" sneers another as they grab the arm from you. "Give it back! I'll pay you back!" You whine your stomach was killing you. "No way kid." says one shoving you down. "Ooof" you hit the ground. You glare up at them. "We'll teach you a lesson for bothering the wolves of this place" sneers the one that shoved you. "Wolves? aye?" You look behind them seeing a boy maybe around your age standing there his light colored hair glowed in the light. Before you knew it the boy was beating the crap out of the ghouls. You grabbed the arm that had fallen and ran for it. You ran as far away as you could. You turn a corner when that boy was standing in front of you. "Hey-" he began you scream and start hitting his face with the arm in your hands. "Hey stop!" He grabs the arm you hit him with you bite down on his arm. "OWE SON OF" he gasps as he backs off. "Look your fine." he says putting his hands up. You pant as you hold the arm up towards him. "Its okay..I promise I'm not like them." "Oh? Prove it!" you demand shoving the arm in his face. "I just saved you!" he snaps. You hit his head. "Fine your right...Thanks.." you mumble. He shrugs. You hit him again. "Its rude not to reply!" you pout. "Your welcome geez..why the heck did I save a stubborn thing like you." he mumbles. You shrug and then notice he is very skinny You sigh and look at your food. "Want to share?" you ask. "Huh?" "I'm not repeating my self." you say stubbornly.

Flashback over

"What?" Uta breaks the memory. "OH nothing granny" you mutter as you drink your coffee.