•𝟏𝟑 | 𝒊𝒏 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅•

**NOT EDITED**

**NOT EDITED**

∆∆∆

"I can start to do it! You're on the property, just separated by a piece of wood!" Aryia shouted.

"No! No, Aryia do not start without us!" Vann shouted back, looking around the yard frantically. "I can break this window!"

Maverick had stood from the ground, still standing on the grass. Millie stood, frozen, in the same spot.

"Okay?" Vann shouted, but recived no response. "Aryia, are you there?"

"She passed out." Maverick stated, causing Vann to curse.

He ran down the porch stairs, grabbing a large rock from the side of the stairs. Vann used all his strength, throwing the rock toward the window, shattering it.

He began to climb through the window, watching the small shards stuck in the edge of the window frame. He stumbled down onto the ground, immediately getting up to check on Aryia. He forgot about the two outside. He only cared about his girlfriend, who was lying on the ground.

Aryia was lying on her back, the sage and a brown leathered book littered beside her. Vann ran up to her, dropping to his knees beside her. One hand he rested on her cheek and the older on her stomach. He examined her face, noticing her breathing slightly slower than normal.

A loud thud from where the broken window was made the house shake. Maverick came into the house, slowly walking toward where Aryia lay.

"Millie's staying outside." Mav stated, leaning against the wall.

Vann subconsciously nodded. He wondered what she was seeing. It was something more terrifying each time she had one. They were so close to getting rid of her.

Vann's brow furrowed as he felt something warm and wet on the hand resting on her stomach. Crimson red blood stained her shirt and his hand. Vann quickly lifted her shirt, his heart stopping as he saw the words,

Give me your body.

Whatever caused Aryia to pass out was carving into her skin.

"Aryia." Vann shook Aryia's limp body, gently slapping the side of her face. "Aryia wake up."

"What the hell?" Maverick walked over to Aryia, his eyes wide with concern.

"She can't stay here. Grab her things, let's go." Vann said, his voice panicked.

Maverick nodded, quickly grabbing the items that spilled out of her backpack, stuffing them back inside of it. Vann lifted Aryia bridal style, quickly running to the front door.

"Try the door." He told Mav.

He reached out toward the door, which worked this time. Whatever was in this house, whatever was attached to Aryia, just wanted her. So maybe it wouldn't have worked if Aryia was inside and everyone else was outside.

Millie stood at the fence, clutching her sweatshirt close to her body. When she heard the door open she looked up with hope, but only got met with anything but that.

As soon as Vann stepped outside of the house, Aryia's eyes snapped open. Tears immediately flew to her eyes as she looked up at Vann. She reached up and grabbed the collar of his shirt, causing him to look down.

"Hey- are you-" Vann began.

"Call your mom. Call her and ask her to check on Luka." Aryia hurried out.

Vann gently set her to her feet, his face screwed with confusion. "Why?"

"Wi- Just call her. Please."

Aryia looked down, feeling a slight stinging on her stomach. She forgot. She forgot the injuries she got from passing out stayed when she woke up. She gently lifted her shirt, the memory of Winnie carving into her skin making her cringe.

Vann pulled out his phone, dialing his mother. He stood off to the side and as his mother answered, Aryia could hear the frantic yelling from where she stood.

"What happened?" Mav asked, his eyes glued to her stomach.

"I'll tell you la-" Aryia started, but stopped once Vann looked up to her with fear in his eyes. "Is he okay? What did she say?"

"We have to go to the hospital. Luka wasn't breathing. She tried to call me but apparently my phone wouldn't work. He's breathing now, but barely."

Aryia felt anger flare inside of her. She spun around, watching a dark shadow in the corner of the room step backwards more into the darkness.

"I told you to leave him the fuck alone!" Aryia shouted into the house.

"I don't listen to you. I don't listen to anybody." Winnie's voice whispered in her ear.

Aryia spun in the direction of the voice, finding nobody there. She wanted more than anything to damn Winnie back to hell.

But now, she had to help Luka.

∆∆∆

Luka looked horrible.

That small of a body didn't look like it belonged in a hospital bed. Luka was white as a ghost with an oxygen mask placed over his nose and mouth.

Mrs. Hennigan had left to pick up Mr. Hennigan from work, leaving the four in the room.

Vann sat beside the bed, lightly brushing Luka's curls away from his forehead. Everyone else was standing off to the side, letting him have a moment.

Aryia wore Vann's sweatshirt, shielding her throbbing stomach with it. Anger still surged through her as she stared at the toddler's state.

Maybe this was a warning.

Maybe Winnie was giving her a warning that she'd do much worse if she didn't cave in. Maybe it was her only choice. Maybe she had to give in. Maybe there wasn't another way.

She'd do anything to protect that innocent soul laying on the bed.

"What if I call Maeve?" Aryia blurted, causing every head to turn to her. "I'll call her and ask what to do."

"No. Aryia what did you see when you passed out? What does 'Give me your body' mean?" Vann asked, standing from his chair.

Aryia stared at him, holding her breath. "I need to call Maeve."

Aryia turned to leave, her hand reaching for her phone tucked in her pocket. Before she could, Vann spun her back around and grabbed her wrists. Not enough to hurt her, but enough to send her an unspoken message.

"What did you see?" He asked, his tone calm but forceful.

"I saw Winnie. She warned me to give her my body. Let her possess me or-" Aryia held in a sob, her eyes shifting to where Luka lay. "Or he dies. I need to let her possess me. Just kill me when it happens."

"No. I'm not letting that happen. You must be insane to think I'm killing you."

"It won't be me." Aryia whispered. "It'll be Winnie. I'll already be gone. She's too powerful."

"Did she possess you yet? No. You're stronger than she is. Go call Maeve to see what to do."

Vann let go of her wrists, causing her to dig her phone out of her pocket. Aryia saved Maeve's number for numerous reasons. The main being times like this. Hopefully Maeve had a solution. Because if she didn't-

Aryia would give away her body.