•𝟐 | 𝒓𝒖𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒔•

**THIS IS NOT EDITED** ∆∆∆

∆∆∆

Aryia had snuck out many times before at night. She'd never been scared, but this time was different. She was terrified. Aryia didn't believe in ghosts or the paranormal, but she was scared of the fact somebody died.

But alas, she agreed. And the result was packing a backpack and grabbing a flashlight to sneak out to spend the night at a place where somebody died.

Aryia jumped out of her first story bedroom around midnight. She tucked her phone in her back pocket, using her flashlight to illuminate her path.

The group agreed to meet at the corner of First and Second Street, since it was about the same distance from each of their houses. It was quite a journey to the Macabre Mansion. It was just on the outskirts of their town. The four decided to just walk since if they took their bikes, their parents could have seen the missing bike and check their bedroom.

As Aryia walked, she was shitting herself. She kept reminding herself that they would remain in a group and separation was not an option.

Aryia neared the corner, Maverick and Vann were already there. With the way they stood and the way accusing fingers were pointed at each other, Aryia was sure they were arguing. They seemed to argue a lot, but they were always stupid little arguments that resolved themselves. This one, Aryia guessed, was about if the paranormal.

Her suspicions were proved as she became in earshot of the immature boys.

"No. You sound fucking insane!" Vann exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air.

"I don't sound insane. I sound factual." Mav countered in a matter-of-fact voice.

"Factual? A ghost is factual?"

Aryia walked up to the corner, rolling her eyes. "Guys keep it down, damn."

"Aryia, what do you believe?" Mav asked, sending a quick glare toward Vann.

"I don't know for sure, but we'll see who's right once we get there." Aryia felt a shiver down her spine at the thought of it.

"Ah, Millie! What do you think, are ghosts real or not?" Mav asked to the girl approaching the corner.

"Real. Have you seen those tapes? Scariest thing I've ever seen in my life. Or the fact that the conjuring movie is real?" Millie replied, her tone wavering toward the end of her sentence.

Vann rolled his eyes and sent a glare toward Mav, who sent an antagonizing grin right back at him.

"Everyone got everything? Flashlights, water, etcetera?" Millie asked, holding up her own flashlight and causing everyone to nod and hold up their own.

"We better get going before we run out of time." Aryia stated, pulling her phone out of her pocket to check the time.

It was now half past twelve. They had a few hours to find out how to get in, explore the place, and then get back out and go home. It shouldn't take too long. Hopefully.