•𝟓 | 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈•

**NOT EDITED**∆∆∆

**NOT EDITED**
∆∆∆

"What's the plan?" Vann asked, holding his handlebars with one hand while taking a bite of his toast with the other.

"Get in, get the painting, then come out." Aryia answered, popping the last piece of her own toast in her mouth.

"Quick and easy. I don't want to stay in that place longer than it takes to get the painting. Why do you want this so badly?"

"She said my name. She said my name and she told me to save her. I think if I take her painting, she'll be saved."

Vann nodded, keeping his mouth shut. He was still skeptical about the paranormal, but he didn't want to call his girlfriend insane. It sounded insane, but it sounded real. It made Vann's head spin.

The pair passed the peeling green sign, which meant they were there. They parked their bikes, stuffing them in the bush beside the gate. Climbing through the hole in the gate, they walked up to the house.

"Grab the painting, then run out." Aryia repeated as they approached the porch.

Vann twisted the door knob and this time it wasn't locked. He mentally thought it wouldn't open so they had an excuse to go back home and forget about the whole thing. Pushing open the door, the pair stepped inside.

The painting, thankfully, still remained in the same spot. Vann closed the door behind them, looking around the room in awe. It looked way better in the daytime then at night.

There was a giant stained glass window directly above the door. The ceilings were much higher than expected, and a large chandelier was hanging from where the glass wasn't. The wallpaper was a white pattern and slowly peeling from the beige walls.

"This is beautiful." Aryia exasperated, looking up at the stained window.

Vann looked down from the ceiling, turning his head toward the painting. It wasn't too big and it didn't look very heavy. When Vann turned back around to ask if Aryia wanted him to hold it, she was gone.

While Vann was inspecting the painting, Aryia heard a voice much louder than the others. It wasn't a word. It was a scream. A scream so loud, Aryia thought someone was in the house with them.

As Aryia ran down the hallway toward the voice, a fizzling sound then replaced the screaming. As if it was some sort of magic, the wallpaper slid back onto the wall. Aryia's eyes widened, watching the broken wood beneath her feet assemble back into a coat stand.

When Aryia turned around, it looked like the the house was brand new. The dusty, old smell was replaced by a strawberry perfume scent. Aryia walked back into the main room, looking at the red velvet couches with a golden stitch.

The painting was gone. Instead, it was hanging up on the wall. The paint looked brand new and the crimson splatter that smeared across it was gone.

It took Aryia a moment to realize that this was another memory.