Chapter 2 - Debt to be Paid

"You have until midnight."

I hang up not saying anything else to Terri as she tends to put me in a sour mood with her excuses. I think about what Terri said about having a daughter for me to marry. She must be close in age to me that means that it's her stepdaughter, I wonder what she did to piss Terri off. I guess I could possibly entertain the idea as Whitney is always bringing around all kinds of women trying to get me to go on blind dates with her friends' daughters. They are usually young and money hungry, I hate women who just see men as a piggy bank to fund their shopping trips. Shaking my head, I read over the documents sitting on my desk, new contracts for new merchandise that we plan on releasing soon.

Three hard swift knocks emit from my door, I know it's my right-hand man Ryder. "Come in Ryder." I say setting down my contracts as Ryder walks into my office closing the door behind him. Coming before my desk I sit back in my chair my arm resting against the arm rest with my thumb resting on my chin with my pointer finger under my bottom lip. "You may speak." I say looking at Ryder. "We caught that mole that tried to run to the feds about the Ricardo deal. He knew a lot about who was involved with the deal." Ryder sated with obvious irritation all over his face.

"Who was the mole?" I ask in a serious tone my face darkening with rage as I think about how this person is willing to just throw my family name under the bus. They don't deserve to see another day in my opinion. Fueled by a murderous rage I take a breath as I await the name of the sneaky bastard.

"Noah Brinks, he was in finance as an accountant, but he was sleeping with your personal aide Shaylee. She was giving him copies of all of the confidential which they planned on leaking to the public and the feds." Ryder confirmed my suspicions about that woman who was brought on by the board. 

"Where are they?" 

"Noah is in our north headquarters, and Shaylee is being held in the company's "holding area". We have her being set up with stealing important company information to sell to our competitor's." Ryder reports

"Good Ryder, that's what we need the two should stay separate so that we can get what we want." I say before rising from my seat. "Ryder there is another assignment I need you on. Follow Terri's stepdaughter, you will give me a report on the woman got it?" I add with my back to him. 

"When do you need the report sir?" 

"Midnight" 

~

Finally, making it back home I put my key into the lock when the door flies open almost hitting me in the process.

"My sweet Ella your home!" Amaya says being overly dramatic pulling me into a big, warm embrace. 

If anyone could understand how I feel it would be Maya. Our moms had been best friends, who hoped that their girls would become best friends. We did, we became the best of friends who did just about everything together. Being in Maya's arms feel so welcoming and my eyes start to water as all the feelings that I had been bottling up finally come rushing out. I start to sob as it just hits me hard everything that has happened just too fast.

"Alright Ella, let's get you seated, okay?" Maya said as she closes the door and locks the door before guiding me to the living room. 

As we sit down on the couch the tears just continue to flow as my body shakes with every sob. I take the time to reflect on the shitty situation with my father, and how he has started treating me recently. I sob a bit more before I start to feel a migraine come along, taking the tissue from Maya I wipe my eyes and blow my nose. Maya looks at me with sympathetic eyes and a gentle smile. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asked.