Season One Ep 7: Maybe you'll love me when I fade to black.

Start from the beginning

MAYA- Why not?

MAYA- Why not?

HAZEL- Do you see how we're all sitting here together having drinks after a long day of work-

STERLING- Well Maya wouldn't know because she never works hard.

Ryan laughs.

MAYA- That's funny coming from a person who couldn't put on his own tie today.

STERLING- Man I had honey on my hands relax.

RYAN- Why did you have honey on your hands?

STERLING- She wanted to stop to get breakfast and I wanted to try this honey she always gets.

RYAN- Was it good?

STERLING- (lying) it was aight.

MAYA- Oh please you loved it hence the honey on his hands.  He just doesn't want to give me credit.

STERLING- Anyway Hazel you were saying?

MAYA- Whatever Uptown.

STERLING- You just have to get the last word.

MAYA- Yeah.

Hazel laughs.

HAZEL- Okay anyway, see how we're sitting here enjoying each other's company...well at least me and Ryan are....I have no obligations to check in on anybody I can do whatever I want. My only obligation is my job and my apartment....and even that didn't become a home until MJ moved in.

MAYA- (touched) Aww (putting her arm around Hazel) you love me so much....I love you too.

Hazel laughs.

HAZEL- but why are you pushing me into a relationship anyway, like you're not in your friends with benefits era anyway.

Sterling rolls his eyes.

MAYA- that's different.

HAZEL- How?

MAYA- I'm simply doing that because I just got out of a serious relationship...so I want to try something different.

STERLING- and you like it?

MAYA-friends with benefits?

STERLING-Yeah.

MAYA- I mean it's kinda like what Hazel was saying, not being official means you don't owe the person anything....and if someone doesn't owe you can never be disappointed.

Sterling looks at her.

RYAN- Aw that's so sad.

Maya laughs.

MAYA- Oh please I'm fine.

HAZEL-I think you're settling.

MAYA- I am not!