Chapter - 31

"Good Morning, Come in," the teacher said with a warm smile.  Isabella entered the room. "Sit anywhere you want," the teacher instructed.

Isabella looked around and sat on an empty seat. The seat was near the window overlooking the school playground in one of the middle rows. She tapped her foot on the floor nervously. Gazing around the room she noticed that the classroom was fairly empty.

There was a group of boys at the end of the classroom in the last row, all laughing and giggling. The girl near her was talking loudly about her summer vacation to her friends. In the first row at the entrance of the classroom, a girl was reading a book intently, even before classes began. The girl next to her was looking at her unimpressed and began shaking her by the shoulders vigorously. Isabella laughed at them. The rest were either talking or were sitting just as confused as Isabella was. Quickly, the classroom filled.

"Good Morning Class," the teacher greeted everyone. Everyone sat up straight and listened keenly.
"I am Ms.Bianci, your English teacher and form teacher for the year. You can come up to me if you face any problems in any of your classes. I'll do my best to help you," the teacher said warmly.
 "I am seeing a lot of new faces this year, so how about a quick introduction? Stand up and say your name," Ms. Bianchi said and pointed toward a student to start.

The introductions went on and finally, it was Isabella's turn. "Hello everyone, I am Isabella," she said and quickly sat down hating the attention.

The class ended with the introductions and the teacher went out. Isabella didn't seem to notice and got up with her bag slung on her shoulders.

"Hey, where are you going?" the girl behind Isabella asked.

"Oh yeah, here teachers shift classes, and students stay in the same room right ?" Isabella asked.
"Yeahhh, Isn't that how it is always ?" the girl whom Isabella knew as Sarah asked, her eyebrows scrunched up in confusion. 

Isabella sat down and explained," I lived in America before, it was different there"
"Ohh ! That's so cool. What is America like ?" the girl beside her, Lilliana perked up.

Isabella smiled anxiously. Her memories began to flood back. "It was um...great, just great," she forced out.

"By the way, I am Lilliana and this is Sarah. You're Isabella right?" Lilliana spoke. Isabella nodded.
"You'd like to be friends ?" Sarah asked with a smile.
"Sure," Isabella said with a wide grin.
"I've made friends," she internally jumped with joy.

"Is this your first year here ?" Isabella asked her friends.

"Yeah, I studied in a different school last year near my house. My older brother studies here, he is in upper secondary. He told me so many good things about this school that I was actually excited to go." Sarah said.

"I've been in this school since first grade. My older sister studies here too, she is in upper secondary," Lilliana said.

"How do you two know each other?" Isabella asked.

"We know each other from really young, we're neighbors," Sarah explained.

The rest of the classes were just filled was not much either since it was just the first day. They were just a bunch of introductions and introductions to the subject, just typical first-day stuff. Sarah, Lilliana, and Isabella got along really well.

The lunch bell rang and the students piled into the halls. The girls got through the busy hallways and made their way to the lunch room. The lunch room was bustling with chatter. The girls sat down at an empty table with their lunch.