Chapter - 1

In the old attic, a little petite frame lay on a worn-out mattress. A tattered blanket covered her small body. If it wasn't for the heaving of chest one would presume that the girl was dead. The cold September breeze brushed her hair revealing her face. The little girl who is meant to be treated like a princess lies on the cold floor in a run-down house.

Isabella suddenly jolted awake. She looked around, her blue eyes held nothing but fear. None of her monsters were in sight. She slowly got up and got ready for the day. She made her way down the squeaky stairs and looked at the clock. It was 5:20 a.m.

She got to making breakfast for her foster 'father'. She wondered what it was like for someone to make food for her. She wondered how her life would be if someone took care of her. But she had no one. Isabella started to sob quietly.

She thought of her life and remembered nothing but pain and suffering. When she was 4, she was taken away by someone. She was put in a cell like a zoo animal. She was beaten and started at the tender age of 4. She managed to escape that horrible place when she was 5. She didn't remember a single thing about her family. Little Isabella wandered the streets after she escaped. A woman found her on the streets and put her in an orphanage.

She went through many foster homes in the past 6 years. All were abusive. They broke her down physically and mentally. Those heartless monsters taunted her saying that she was never loved or wanted. They imprinted in Isabella's mind that her parents abandoned her because she was not worth it. She has lived with John, her current foster father for about a year. He was the worst she had experienced.

The only thing good thing she remembered was a snippet of her mother. "Mamma !" little Isabella called running to her mother. Her mother picked her up and spun her around hugging her. The memory was hazy but she remembered the faint smile that graced her mother's lips. She reminisced her soft kiss on her forehead.

"Why would someone give me away if they loved me enough to kiss me and hug me ?" Isabella thought.

She was broken from her trail of thoughts when she heard John's rough voice. "Bitch ! Where is my breakfast ?" John shouted furiously.

"Oh no, Sir is not happy," Isabella muttered afraid, and put his breakfast down on the table. She stood beside the table her eyes glued to the floor.

John saw her in fear and smirked. She grabbed Isabella's arm harshly putting pressure on the wound he caused yesterday. She winced in pain. He chuckled darkly and stated," You deserve the pain, now get to school."

Isabella took her school bag and ran out of the house. Her school was a 15-minute walk from her house. She didn't like school but she loved learning. The students bullied her because of her weight and clothes. She was quite smart. She actually did the homework of other students for money. She felt terribly guilty for doing it but she had no other choice. She was only 11 and couldn't get a job anywhere and desperately needed money. If it wasn't for this money she earned, she would've died of starvation a long time ago.

The day passed and she went to the cafeteria to buy lunch. She bought it and went to the library. When she got out a group of girls stopped her. Isabella looked down afraid of what they'd do to her. "I want this complete," one of the girls said and threw a couple of dollars at her. Isabella nodded weakly and scurried back to class.

The day got over and Isabella went 'home' wearily. She was about to open the door when it swung violently with a loud thud. John glared at her threateningly. She could smell the stench of alcohol on him. His eyes were bloodshot from drugs. His evil thoughts swirled in his eyes. Isabella was too stunned to do anything. She wanted to run but her feet were glued to the ground. He grabbed her arm harshly and threw her in. She landed on the hard floor. She felt a jolt of extreme pain and let out a low cry.

He dragged her to the basement. He kicked her harshly on her ribs. She gasped for air as the pain traveled through her body. He punched her and kicked her for what seemed like hours. The deafening silence of the basement was filled with her screams and pleas. She was already bleeding. Isabella desperately begged him to stop. But he didn't, he stopped momentarily, only to reach for his belt. He whipped brutally her with his belt. Isabella thrashed her frail body in pain. He dragged a knife carelessly on her pale skin.

She was coughing more blood with every kick to her ribs. Blood poured out of her cut and stab wounds. She was pathetically gasping for breath trying to hold on to her dear life. Soon, her vision was clouded with dark spots. The last thing she felt before the darkness engulfed her was the cold, hard floor.

First chapter out !!

What are your thoughts ??

Do Comment and Vote !

See you soon !