Chapter - 5

Damien POV 

I got out of my warehouse and got in my car and called Adrienna to let her in on this news. My men had informed me earlier that she wanted to talk to me. I forgot about it as I was engrossed in this situation. She is going to be furious but she will forget when she hears about Isabella. I called her a couple of times but she didn't pick up the call. I made a mental note to call her later and drove to the 'house'. I was nervous about Isabella's reaction to the news. I didn't know how to reveal it. I hope she would accept us as her family. We had a penthouse in New York as we came here to attend work meeting often. I decided to take her there. I didn't want her to be in that filthy place longer than needed. I also decided to take her shopping for some new clothes today. She just needed a few outfits as we only need to stay there till Rina gets Isa's custody. Rina will to take her shopping in Italy so a few outfits were enough. I pondered upon my thoughts and reached the 'house'.

Isabella POV

I woke up on the nice bed. I looked at the clock in the room and realized I slept too long. I started panicking that someone would punish me for getting up late. I slowly looked up and no one was there. I got up slowly and got ready.I looked at my bruises and other wounds, it looked like they were healing. I took a shower in hot water. It felt so good, Sir never allowed me hot water and said that I didn't deserve it. I went down and scary man was not there. I was 10 am now. I started making breakfast, I hear the creaky sound of the doorknob and scary man entered , he looked angry. He was very kind before ,he was not like what he seemed before. I looked at him with fear and started worrying . I woke up late, I didn't clean, used hot water and I didn't make breakfast. I am going to be punished so much. My tears brimmed with tears. Just then scary man, came near me and his whole demeanor changed when he looked at me, he looked concerned and kind just like he was before.

"What happened? Were you crying?" he asked gently.

"I am sorry, I woke up late, didn't clean, used hot water and didn't make breakfast. I am so sorry " I sniffled.

" Hey angioletto, don't cry, I am not mad at you, now sit I will make you breakfast." he said.I was confused at his words ,but sat down.

"Now ,I haven't told you my name right. I am Damien." he said. A little while later he placed a plate of scrambled eggs, crispy bacon and toast on a plate in front of me . He took a plate for himself and sat on the chair opposite to me.

"It's for you ,eat " he said. I slowly put a little scrambled eggs in my mouth anticipating some slapping or punching. But again he looked content. I ate only a quarter of the food he had given me and I was already full. I had eaten 3 meals the previous day and I wasn't very hungry.

"Are you full?" he asked looking down at my plate and I nodded. 

He stood up placed my plate in the sink and brought me a glass of milk. He then sat down and continued eating. I sipped the milk slowly but I couldn't drink it. I was too full. He looked at me with concern and pity." It's okay you don't have to force yourself " he said finishing his breakfast. He took the glass of milk and put it in the sink as well. I went up to wash it.

"Don't worry about. I will do it. You sit down and rest. I will give your medicine." and motioned me to sit on the couch. I sat there and he gave me my pills. I swallowed them. He sat next to me and I flinched. He looked at me and said " I need to talk to you. Don't be scared. I am not going to hurt you are not in any trouble." he said reassuringly.

"So tell me about yourself." he asked. No one has ever wanted to know about me so I didn't know what to say. I got nervous and fiddled with my fingers on his lap.