Chapter - 7

Adrienna POV

I reached the penthouse and went up the elevator. My heart was pounding in my chest as I neared the door. I rang the doorbell. Damien opened the door and behind him was mia figlia. She looked exactly like me, with the same eyes and hair. She looked at me as stunned and nervous as I was. Both our ocean blue eyes brimmed with tears.

"Mia figlia," I exclaimed, I burst out in happiness as I see her. I crouch near her and hug her tight. I will never let her go away from me. She hugs me in return.

I pull away momentarily and look at her. "You are so beautiful," I say while cupping her face and wiping down the tears that flow freely on her cheeks. I kiss her on her forehead and engulf her in my arms again.

"I am so sorry I wasn't with you Isabella. I wasn't there to protect you. I am so sorry. I will always protect you and will make up for the lost time, angioletto. I am so sorry. I will never let you get hurt ever again Bambina," I say in her ears. We are both crying now.

I pull away and look at her again. I kiss her cheeks and say," I love you Isabella. I love you so very much."

She looks at me intently and asks,"C-Can I hug you a-again ma-mamma?" in her angelic voice.  "You don't need to ask sweetheart" I say and pull her into another hug. I am ecstatic. She called me mamma. She accepts me. She is so cute and sweet. I have never been so happy. We stay in the hug for a while until she pulls away. We look at each other for a while in silence until Damien speaks up.

"That was so cute. I have got in on video." Damien chimes. I have never seen him act so cheery before. I smile at him and hug him. Honestly, it's weird for us mafia leaders to let our guard down and let our cold exterior melt away.

"Thank you," I say genuinely in his ears for getting our princess back.

He pulled away offended. " Don't you dare thank me again, she is my nipotina too.".

"Sorry" I say. " It's okay sorella." Damien says and we both turn to look at Isa. She looks at me curiously.

" Are you okay Bambina ?" I ask her.

"You look like I remember," she mumbles barely audible.

"You remember me ?" I ask surprised and happy that my daughter remembers me even after all these years.

She nods slowly and replies," Yes, you hugged me and kissed me just like you did now" in her sweet voice that sounds like it came from heaven.

I smile wide. I take her hand and guide her to the sofa. I sit beside Isa, making sure that we are so close that she gets uncomfortable and Damien sits across us. I was pretty nervous still but not as much as I was before. It was nice sitting next to mia figlia.

"Have you informed others?" Damien asked looking at us.

"Not yet," I say and see Isabella looking confused.

"He is talking about your brothers and uncles dear. Has your Zio informed you about them. ?" I ask her gently. She forms an 'o' with her mouth and nods slowly.

We sit in awkward silence for a while no one saying anything. Damien looks at me not knowing what to do. Isa is staring at the floor like it's the most interesting thing in the world. I get it, I would be weird when a bunch of people come to you after 7 years claiming that you're family.  I will give her all the love and happiness in the world, I am sure of that. The atmosphere was getting more tense every minute and I decided to speak up.

" So, Isa what did you do today ?" I ask her knowing that she had gone to the mall.

"Umm... Zio took me to the mall today. We bought some clothes for me," she said looking at the floor with hesitation and uncertainty. I sense that she is afraid to say that she bought clothes. My poor girl was probably denied good clothes. My heart broke into a million pieces thinking about the pain she would have been through. I knew she was afraid she would be beaten if she looked at me. Don't ask me how I know that. Today is a good day for me and I don't want to recall that shit. She was probably beaten many times before for just looking at someone. Oh, how I want to kill that fucker. No one messes with my daughter. I will find him and kill him. I calmed myself down as I didn't want Isa to see me riled up. I was always calm with Dante and Enrico too. Only a few times have they seen my dark demeanor. I don't want to know my daughter my dark side.