Chapter - 26

Adrienna was with Damien. Damien was not only the second-in-command of the mafia but he was also the CFO of the legal businesses. Adrienna complied with Jake's request and no other board members were present. They were in one of their meeting rooms in their corporate headquarters.

Adrienna wanted this location. It was a perfect location and would increase her profit by 10 folds. She was pretty determined and it was not like anyone would deny her anyway.

The meeting commenced. Even though it was through video call one could see that Adrienna asserted power and dominance. Jake looked like a true business professional in his regal 3-piece suit. He looked like a decent man for once instead of being covered in blood and god knows what else.

"We will get straight to the point Mr.Walters, we would like your gym in Central Street. We will give you 2 times the market price. You are free to negotiate"

"Ms.Moretti, I have firmly stated this to your assistant and now I inform you personally that I am not willing to sell my place. It is our main venue and I refuse to sell it."

"Mr.Walters, we both can get a good deal out of this. With two times the price of your gym in Central Street you will be able to build a better gym expanding your franchise. Give it a careful thought. I am still open for negotiation," Adrienna explained.

"No Ms.Moretti, I do not wish to sell the location," Jake said firmly.

Adrienna and Damien shared a look as he replied. " For what price will you be willing to sell the gym ?" Damien asked.

"I don't think you understand what I mean Ms.Moretti. I am not willing to sell the gym for any quoted price," Jake said insulting Adrienna. No one noticed it but Damien clenched his hand under the table making an attempt to control his anger. 

Meanwhile Jake continued," I accepted to attend the meeting because I wanted to tell you personally. I expect no more calls from you. Thank you for your patience, Ms.Moretti."

Damien was about to say something but he was cut off by Jake ," I think it's time to end the meeting. It was a pleasure meeting you."

"A pleasure indeed,"Adrienna forced out and ended the meeting.

Damien turned toward his sister with a dark gaze," Do you want the man dead or to run out of business ?"

"Neither. I refuse to believe that he is just a business owner. Why does he need to conceal his identity? Privacy doesn't seem like the only reason. Dig something about him. I do think he is involved in some shady business, I just don't know what," Adrienna replied calmly.

Damien let out a nod. "You still sure you don't want to ruin him ?"

"Yeah, if he is a normal man, ruin him. If not, we have other ways." Adrienna smirked darkly.

"Sure sorella," Damien said and got out.

Adrienna was pissed. She was not really used to denial. No one dared to deny her but he did, Jake had royally pissed her. But strangely enough, she couldn't bother less about it. Her mind was deep in thought of 'Mr.Walters'. She was trying to untangle his knotted tale of lies.

The days passed and it is now Sunday. Isabella has lived with her family for around a week now. She was getting along with everyone. She got more confident with her family. But her insecurities still haunted her. Her family made her feel loved and wanted but she still felt awkward and out of place at times, like a wrong puzzle piece crammed into a perfect puzzle.