Chapter - 22

Two days later

The last two days were awesome for the youngest three in the house. They spent a ton of time together. They played games and enjoyed their time with each other. Isabella had gotten more comfortable with everyone. She saw a lot of movies and ate delicious Italian food. The idea that she was safe and wouldn't be hurt was slowly getting into her. She was beginning to accept her surroundings.

On the other hand, the others were worried about the issue at hand. They needed the best assassins and they needed them fast. Luciano had sent a message to 'Velono' the assassin who is claimed to be the best in the underworld. They had tightened their security. They were aware that no one would strike them but they were prepared for anything.

Adrienna had not been at home a lot with everything that was going on but today, she took a day off and wanted to spend it with Isabella. They were going to the mall today. Adrienna wanted Isabella to have some fun today particularly because in the evening they were about to do something they both dreaded to do. Adrienna had to take Isabella to a doctor's appointment. She had put it off till now but she knew she needed to get it.

Adrienna was standing outside Isabella's room. She was waiting for Isabella to get ready. "Isa, Are you done ?" Adrienna asked softly knocking on the door.  "Coming Mamma," Isa responded. She shortly came out dressed in Light blue jeans and a baby pink full-sleeved top. Her brown hair was down in its natural soft curls. She was wearing her white sneakers with gold stripes. "You look beautiful, Anglioletto," Adrienna said and kissed her forehead.

Isabella blushed and replied," Thank you Mamma." "Now let's get going, others are waiting for you," Adrienna said and they both got down and went to the dining room. Isabella sat in her usual spot next to her Mamma. Everyone was eating their breakfast. Isabella was given a bowl of fruit and yogurt and a small slice of toast. She started to eat her food slowly.

"Hey sis ! You excited to come shopping with us ?" Enrico asked eagerly. "Of course, she'll be excited. After all her favorite brother's coming with her," Dante grinned and winked at Isabella. Isabella felt very special at the gesture from Dante. "No kidding, I am her favorite," Enrico said offended, and looked at Isabella like he was seeking some confirmation. " You say Bella, who is your favorite?" Dante asked her. Isabella was overwhelmed. She didn't want to choose. She likes them both. She looked around hesitantly.

"Enough boys ! No fighting at the table," Marco said firmly leaving no room for argument. He gave both the boys a sharp glare before returning to his plate. " Zio, Are you coming ?" Isabella asked Damien hopefully. She really enjoyed the mall last time with Damien even though she was mostly scared of him that time. "No Angioletto, I am sorry. But we will definitely go next time," he said and got up. " Have fun Isabella," Damien said and kissed Isabella's forehead. " Enjoy your day sweetheart !" Leonardo said to Isabella. He kissed her cheek and left with Damien.

"I'm done Mamma," Isabella said and pushed away her bowl of fruit and yogurt. Adrienna looked at her daughter proudly. She had eaten more than when she first met her. She was relieved and happy that her daughter was slowly healing. The maids took everyone's plates away. "I will get my bag," Adrienna said and went out of the dining room.

"I'll get the car, everyone wait outside," Marco announced and got up from his chair. "Wait, You're coming ?" Enrico asked surprised. Marco didn't really take days off from work. All his siblings were workaholics. They ensured to make time for family but were definitely not the time to take days off.

"Wow ! Marco Moretti has graciously taken a day off from work for his precious nipotina," Dante exclaimed sarcastically mocking Marco. Enrico snickered beside Dante. Isabella instantly felt guilty hearing this, she didn't want to disturb anyone. She got anxious and looked down fiddling her fingers on her lap.