ɪ ᴡɪsʜ ɪ ᴋɴᴇᴡ

WORD COUNT: 1.7k

summary: you're secretly messaging someone, and matt gets jealous

♤°♥,..♤°♥,.. ♤°♥,..

YOU HAD KNOWN Matt for years now. He was your best friend and confidant, always offering his support whenever you needed it. Matt never judged you or questioned your life choices (unless, of course, they were bad choices... in which case he would tell you to get a grip).

All in all, you two were always together. Either he would come over with Nick and Chris or you would visit them for a full-day sleepover. Most days you would do something fun but there was obviously the occasional staying in and doing nothing.

This leads us to where you were currently. Sat on the couch, with your phone in hand as you giggled at a text notification that popped up.

Matt, ever curious, tilted his head to you, dropping his own mobile onto his lap. He eyed your body language, noticing the lingering grin on your face as you typed away.

"What's funny?" he asked, an unusual feeling bubbling in his chest.

Turning your head to him briefly, you opened and closed your mouth, unsure of what to say. For some reason you were hesitant to tell him of the person you had been texting these past few days. Why were you so nervous? It's not like he would care, right?

"Oh, just a friend... said something funny," you finished, your heart thumping faster than you would care to admit.

Matt's demeanor fell slightly. His shoulders slumped against the couch defeatedly. Once he noticed your lack of attention towards him, he resumed his trek through TikTok.

He couldn't understand why his blood boiled every time you let out a snort, or a laugh. Your beautiful smile that graced your face every time a new message came through - why did that make him feel sick with worry? Matt couldn't help but look up at you every now and again, his stomach twisting into knots more and more each time he did so.

What could be so funny? It's not like he hasn't made you laugh like that before, so why was it so bad when this other person was doing it?

Hating that he was being a pouty and complaining to himself, he decided to get himself up off the couch. He looked back to you before speaking.

"Do you wanna do something today? Like, instead of sitting and doing... whatever it is you're doing," he added the last part a bit passive aggressively.

He didn't mean to be mad. He just couldn't help it. What was so private that you couldn't disclose it to him? And why did he care so much? Matt knew he was being silly, but he couldn't shake the feeling of dread every time he saw your eyes light up at your screen. Maybe a nice day out with you would help get his mind off of it.

You pondered for a few minutes before nodding. "Yeah, sure. What did you have in mind?"

- - -

The drive to the cinema was short. Matt said he wanted to watch a new movie that had come out, insisting that he buy the tickets online before you got there. He had a habit of always paying for you - and you wouldn't have minded if he at least let you do the same from time to time. But he never did.