ᴡɪsᴅᴏᴍ ᴛᴇᴇᴛʜ

WORD COUNT: 567

summary: matt gets his wisdom teeth taken out, which makes him incredibly clingy

♤°♥,..♤°♥,.. ♤°♥,..

MATT HAD BEEN having tooth pains for weeks now. Every time you urged him to go to the dentist, he would just claim that he hated the dentist and that the pain wasn't a big deal anyway.

Clearly he was wrong. Sitting next to him as he woke up from his anesthetic daze, you wished you could tell him 'I told you so' but you decided to refrain until he was fully sobered up.

His eyes were squinted, probably sensitive to the light since he had been put to sleep for a while.

He looked around for a bit, adjusting to finally being awake. His eyes darted around vigorously once he couldn't find you.

"Where's my girlfriend?" he mumbled, disoriented at his surroundings.

You tried to stop yourself from laughing. You were literally beside him, but his drugged state impaired his common sense.

"I'm right here, love."

Reaching over, you took his hand in yours, rubbing soothing circles over his skin.

"I missed you," he said, his voice muffled by the gauze in his mouth.

"I've been here the whole time."

You tried speaking gently since the doctors said to be patient and quiet with him in case he had vertigo or a headache.

"Why do I sound like that?" he asked almost childishly.

"You have gauze in your mouth. They took out your wisdom teeth, remember?"

You brushed his hair out of his eyes. Tucking some other strands behind his ear, you noticed the bewildered look in his eyes.

"They have my teeth?" he whispered.

You couldn't help but giggle at him. He was so clueless it was adorable. "Yes, but they were bad teeth. The doctors made you all better."

He nodded, seemingly understanding. He looked around once more, a confused look on his face.

"Can we go home? This place is creepy," he said, his puffed out cheeks still impeding his speech. It took all his strength to be able to speak even somewhat coherently.

As soon as you got home, Matt was all over you.

He was leaning his head on your shoulder and gripping onto your arm, following you around wherever you went.

You didn't mind. You actually found it cute - but you were worried for him. The doctors said he shouldn't be walking around too much since he probably didn't have a lot of balance.

"Hey how about we go lie down for a bit?" you asked him.

His eyes widened. Matt grabbed onto your arm with both hands now, looking up at you.

"Yeah! Will you lie with me?"

You smiled before nodding and helping him to his bedroom. You tucked him into bed before getting some water and painkillers for when he wakes up, but not without Matt whining for you to come back and cuddle with him.

You could hear a "where are youu?" from the room over as you scrambled to get as many supplies as possible.

His eyes were droopy when you came back into the room, head lolling to the side as he tried to fight off sleep. You set everything down next to him, including some clean gauze for him later. Changing them would be a pain in the ass but it doesn't compare to how he's about to feel in the next hour or so.

"Am I gonna hurt when I wake up?" he whined again as he made a grabby motion for you to come next to him.

Climbing into bed, you gently pressed a kiss to his forehead.

"Only for a little while, but I'll be here to help."

His lips broke out into a smile, his cheeks making him look like a chipmunk. Closing his eyes he cuddled into you, resting his head on your lap as you sat up in the bed.

"You're the best," he said as he drifted off to sleep.