ᴍɪssᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ

WORD COUNT: 504

summary: chris returns from tour, and he can't get enough of being back home

♤°♥,..♤°♥,.. ♤°♥,..

YOUR FOOT TAPPED impatiently against the floor of your car, the music on the stereo offering you some sort of distraction. It still was not enough. Chris had been gone for weeks and you missed him - knowing he was in the same vicinity as you, somewhere, but just out of reach was excruciating.

Checking your texts one more time, you saw no new messages pop through. The last time he had texted was 10 minutes ago to say that he was at the baggage claim.

You stepped out of your car to look around. Suddenly a pair of arms encircled around you, squeezing you against their chest.

"Hi," came Chris' voice.

Your face broke out into a smile as you swirled around, jumping to hug him properly. His scent filled your nostrils and you immediately relaxed against him, comfort clouding your mind. How you missed that smell.

"I missed you," you mumbled against his shoulder.

His arms tightened around you, pulling you impossibly closer.

"I missed you too," he whispered against your hair.

"Alright lovebirds," said Matt as he approached, "can we get moving, I'm so tired."

You rolled your eyes as you painfully peeled yourself from Chris and his embrace.

"Good to see you too," you said as you hugged him.

After greeting Nick and hugging him as well, you helped the boys put their luggage in the trunk, and you were off. The whole ride home Chris has your hand in his, alternating to rest on your thigh when you needed both hands to drive.

Once you reached their house, Chris practically dragged you up to his room, not even sparing a glance back at Nick and Matt.

He threw his bags down onto the floor and tackled you onto the bed, encasing you in a bear hug.

"Chris!" you exclaimed, breath shallow under his weight.

"What? I can't hug my girlfriend?" he said.

You gently pushed him off so you could lay on his chest.

"Not when you're suffocating her."

Chris laughed, the vibrations in his chest thrumming throughout your entire body. It was so good to have him back.

Looking up at him, you smiled, noticing that he was already staring down at you.

"Okay creep," you joked.

His hand came to brush a stray hair from your face, fingertips so gentle that you barely even felt them.

"You're just so pretty," he whispered.

You smiled, heat creeping to your cheeks. Leaning in just enough so your lips were ghosting over each other, you responded.

"You're not too bad yourself."

Chris nudged your nose with his before closing the gap between you two. He sighed into the kiss, his hands gripping your waist tightly. Hands traveling across his forearms, the came to rest on his shoulders as he flipped you over.

He pulled away to look at you, adoration in his eyes.

"I'm really happy to be home."

His head came to rest on your chest, arms wrapping around your back. You began to play with his unruly curls as you listened to his breathing evened out. Chris fell asleep in an instant.

"I love you," you muttered tiredly as you drifted off not long after.