ʙᴏʟᴅ ᴍᴏᴠᴇ

WORD COUNT: 686

summary: an innocent kiss in the kitchen which makes your heart race

♤°♥,..♤°♥,.. ♤°♥,..

MATT WAS OVER at your place today. He claimed he needed a break from Nick and Chris.

"I want to spend time with just you," he had said.

He loved his brothers, but he also loved having you to himself occasionally. So now he stood in between your legs as you were perched on top of your kitchen counter, a movie mindlessly playing on your TV in the background.

He was watching you make yourself a cup of tea, eyes drifting to look at you as you waited for the water to boil.

Matt always thought you looked beautiful when you were in your comfy clothes. Something about seeing you engulfed in his sweater and a loose pair of sweats set his heart ablaze.

He fiddled with the neck of your - or his - jumper, adjusting it slightly as it was tucked inside of itself. Setting his hand down onto the counter to rest at your sides, he kissed the space on your neck absentmindedly.

Your breathing hitched slightly at the act. Somehow he still found ways to make you giddy and flustered, even after all this time.

"What?" he asked, amused by the heat rising to your cheeks.

You shook your head, giggling. "Nothing."

"You liked that?" he teased. He just wanted to get a reaction out of you.

"Shut up!" you said as you lightly shoved his shoulder before covering your face up with your hands.

Sometimes you hated how much he could make you blush with the smallest of actions. You also loved it. No one could make you feel the way he did, and he knew it.

"Oh come on, I think it's cute that you're getting all embarrassed," he said as he took your hands away to look at your face.

"Don't hide that pretty face," he added as he intertwined your fingers together.

He was killing you right now.

"Maattt," you whined, looking away.

He laughed at your flushed state, noticing how you were looking down at the counter instead of at him.

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry."

You hesitantly looked back at him, only to be met by him staring at you with the most adorable eyes. You couldn't stay mad at that face. The adoring look that he had in his eyes would've made your knees buckle had you not been sitting down.

Matt's hands moved up to your waist and encircled behind your back, moving you closer to him.

"How about an apology kiss?" he asked rhetorically.

Brushing his hair out of his eyes with your fingertips, you leaned forward to meet his lips.

His arms hugged you impossibly closer, your chests meeting in the middle. He always found a way to get you near him. You were just so intoxicating to him.

Hands burying into his hair, you deepened the kiss. He gently sighed into your mouth, molding his lips perfectly against yours. Suddenly you realized that you could die happy like this.

The boiling water was almost forgotten as you pulled away, Matt's eyes still closed as you checked your tea cup.

"I need to finish my tea," you stated, catching your breath.

He wasn't having any of it, though. His lips chased yours once again, holding your cheek in one of his hands as he rubbed his thumb over it.

"The tea can wait," he mumbled against your now warm lips.

"Mhm and you can't?" you laughed back.

He looked you in the eyes, shaking his head with a dopey smile on his face. If there was anything Matt was good at, it was convincing you to forget about anything else you were doing in the moment.

Giving one last peck to his lips, you continued making your tea. His hands were now on your thighs, rubbing small circles into the fabric as he watched you.

Leaning his forehead on your shoulder, he waited for you to finish making your drink.

"Can I get a reward kiss for being so patient?"

You laughed yet again. He tended to be clingy, but today he was exceptionally affectionate.

"Matt, that was less than 2 minutes."

"2 minutes too long," he said as he watched you pick your tea up and jump off the countertop.

Taking your hand in his, he lead you to the couch to finish the half-forgotten movie.