ᴍᴏɴᴛʜʟʏ ʀᴇǫᴜɪʀᴇᴍᴇɴᴛs

WORD COUNT: 439

summary: reader gets their period and matt is right there to comfort them

♤°♥,..♤°♥,.. ♤°♥,..

YOU WOKE UP in the morning in excruciating pain. Clutching your abdomen immediately, you groaned as you rolled over, balling yourself up into a fetal position.

The first day was always the worst. You muttered a silent 'fuck' as you burrowed yourself deeper into the blankets.

Hearing your quiet cussing, Matt turned to you, worried. Switching his phone off the set it to the side and rubbed your shoulder.

"You okay?"

You just mumbled in response, too tired to reply. The stabbing pains in your abdomen were unrelenting, and you gripped yourself a little more.

"Period," you managed to get out.

Matt immediately understood what to do. He got out of bed and walked to your side of the bed, pecking you on the forehead before leaving the room.

He came back in record time, a water bottle and painkillers in his hand. Setting them down on the bedside table, he began to coax you out of your cocoon of blankets.

"I know you're in pain, but these will help," he whispered, scared to make too much noise in case you also had a headache.

He helped sit you upright as he handed you the medicine and opened the bottle for you.

Drinking them down quickly, you leaned your head against the headboard. Your body felt sensitive and weak, and all the sudden movement caused you to feel more tired.

"Do you need anything? Pads? Food?" he asked, petting your hair back from your face.

You closed your eyes, wincing as another shot of pain drove through you.

"Just you, please," you whined.

He took your head gently to lay you back down, tucking you back into the blankets. Climbing in behind you, he pulled you to him, cuddling into your back.

One thing that always helped your pains was warmth and pressure, and Matt knew this.

He slid his hand under your shirt, rubbing small circles into your abdomen. His hands were always warm - he was like a personal heating pad, and in this case, a hot water bottle.

He was much better than a warm bottle, you decided.

Pressing slightly onto your lower stomach, he felt you sigh. He was happy he could relieve the pain, even just a little bit.

He kissed your shoulder as he continued to massage the area, the circular motions causing you to fully relax into him.

"Thank you," you muttered against the pillow, your mind drifting off.

He only hugged you closer, hoping to ease you back into sleep, or at least a comfortable nap.

"You'll feel better when you wake up," he said.

Closing his own eyes, he remembered he had to go out with Nick and Chris today.

Oh well. What's another hour of them waiting? You were more important anyway.