It stings and you grip the sheet of the bed hard and squeeze your eyes shut.

"It also stings in sorry I should have said that." He says.

"It's okay-" you wince and try to contain yourself from wanting to scream.

Hunter finishes pouring the rest of the potion on the wound. You hold your breath and allow the stinging to continue all over the wound.

"Okay. Um... this one should help numb it a bit." Hunter says pulling out the other potion

"It doesn't all the way so it just makes it slightly sore." Hunter says.

You nod.

Hunter pops it open and gently pours it on the wound as well. You start to relax a bit and you take a deep breath. He looks up at you.

"Feeling better?" He asks.

"Loads." You sigh.

"Oh thank titan." He sighs and rests his head against the bed.

"You really gave me such a scare." He says.

You normalize your breathing and close your eyes and calm yourself a bit. You glance at Hunter slightly.

"Just don't sit up. I know it's numbed and feeling slightly better but it's still hurt and sore and needs rest to help the healing." He says.

You nod, and recollect your breathing.

"Hunter." You say gently.

"What? Does it still hurt? I have more if you want it." He asks going through his things.

"No no no that's not it." You say.

"What is it?" He asks.

"...is this what you have to go through?" You ask.

Hunter frowns and scratches his cheek. He doesn't look at you anymore.

"...I-it's only because I'm the golden guard... you know- high expectations I gotta meet and stuff? You get it I'm sure." He says.

You furrow your eyebrows.

"No. I don't get it." You scoff.

"Hunter that is NOT a normal thing." You say sitting up and wincing a little.

"Don't get up, lay down." He says urging you to lay back down.

"Okay okay, but Hunter you know that that's not normal right?" You say.

"...well yeah but like I said, it's only because I'm the golden guard, I have high expectations, so it would only make sense what happens next if I fail those expectations." He says.

"No it doesn't, that's not healthy Hunter." You say.

"That doesn't matter! It hasn't happened in a while I've been fine!" He says.

"Yeah well you think you'll be fine when you come back?! Are you kidding me??" You exclaim.

"Come to the guild with me!" You say.

"You think I can come to the guild with you after I saw what your fear is?" Hunter raises an eyebrow.

"They don't know what you look like under your mask, just come normally, we could change your name! Just say your name is... I don't know Bob or something." You say.

"They actually do know me without the mask." Hunter says.

"What?!" You say.

"The owl lady, the dog, the human and her girlfriend. I'm familiar with them." Hunter crosses his arms.