"What song was it that Lucy taught you?" Ingrid looked up at her girlfriend and for a second she seemed sober. 

"Sweet Caroline," Mapi knew the answer straight away.

I burst out laughing, "How don't you know that song Ingrid? It's a classic all over the world? They even play it at Barca matches!"

"I've never heard it before!" The drunken brunette claimed, "But it was quite nice, I liked the melody."

"You liked the melody?" I laughed, feeling my face brighten. I knew Ingrid was too drunk to even know what a melody meant and I, myself, lacked the musical talent.

"It was very..." She pouted for a second, "Very sing songy."

I found it difficult to fight through the laughter but somehow managed as I gulped down my drink, wanting to join Ingrid in whatever clouds she'd found herself on.

The apartment was busy, everyone in the team had come to have a night of fun and freedom away from our professional lives. It was a great team, I loved almost everyone and because I couldn't see Putellas, the night felt pretty perfect. Lucy loved to sing for everyone, teaching Mapi more of the British classics while Ingrid watched in awe and I just swayed Ona to the tempo, trying not to fall over as we all laughed. 

I think Keira was a little embarrassed for us all, even sober she knew not to make a fool of herself, she'd always been like that, even back in Manchester. But eventually Lucy grabbed her hand and forced her to dance, everyone whooped and cheered because it was a sight we all loved; Keira was one of the funniest people I knew and I don't think she'd ever realized it, she didn't even mean to make a joke but somehow I'd be falling over laughing at whatever she'd said. 
Lucy however loved the spotlight, she was a big kid at heart and it was why we'd always gotten along so well. Though she could be surprisingly stern when things turned serious, but I was used to her softer side and endless dad jokes from the many years we'd spent together. 
The pair were like my parents and I seemed to have a habit of following them from place to place; from Manchester to Barcelona was a rather long leap. 

"Want to get another drink?" I asked Ingrid. 

Neither of us needed one but what harm could one more do?

Ingrid smiled widely and grabbed my hand, "Mapi!" She shouted, stretching out her other hand for the Spaniard. Mapi joined the chain we'd suddenly created and the three of us walked into the kitchen.
It was the most loved up couple in the squad and me, seeming to forever be the third wheel; but I loved the pair of them so it wasn't ever a pain.

But when we walked into the kitchen we stumbled across a sight that made me stop in my tracks. Putellas was sat on the kitchen countertops, tequila bottle in hand.
I furrowed my eyebrows, I thought out prestigious captain didn't drink, I thought she saw it to be an immature over-indulgence which would ruin her historic career; she was above all the partying. But apparently not, because the bottle was half empty and I'd have put money on the fact that Putellas found it full. 

Mapi dropped Ingrid's hand and walked towards her best friend, I looked to Ingrid who just shrugged.

"I thought she didn't drink," I hissed, aware that my voice was probably louder than I meant it to be but Putellas was too drunk to hear and I wouldn't have cared if she did find out; we weren't exactly on good terms. Quite the opposite actually.  

"She usually doesn't," Ingrid reached for a bottle and began pouring out two martinis. 

"Maybe she's decided to have fun for once," I figured, though as my eyes trailed back over to the captain it didn't look like she was having much fun. Though she wasn't my problem, she wasn't my friend and I wouldn't let her pull me away from my night of fun, because even though Putellas didn't know how to have fun, I did; I wouldn't let anyone take that away from me.