I Almost Agree

Alana's POV

It was my second ever match for Barcelona and I was already confirmed to be on the bench for the entirety of the ninety minutes. I'm sure the press would be having a field day saying that I'd only just arrived and had already been dropped out of the starting eleven; it wasn't great for my image but I'd never listened to the media before and I wouldn't start hearing them out today. 

"You'll be amazing," I smiled at Gabby, holding her face in my hands before the starting eleven went to line up in the tunnel.

"You nervous Gabby?" Lucy chuckled, the infamous duo walked up besides us.

Gabby shrugged, "I'm more excited this time."

"That's good," Keira patted her on the back, "It's less daunting each time."

I smiled at the pair who we'd known for years, at both England and city, Lucy and Keira had always been like parents for Gabby and I, the girls were honestly the first people to ever make me feel taken care of. When Gabby and I met the duo it was the first time I'd ever been properly parented, that I hadn't felt like I was Gabby's only protector and the first time I'd had a protector myself. 
Keira and Lucy were two special people, I'd be forever glad that they had each other. 

But then I looked at my sister and wondered if sometimes I'd protected her too much or not let her be independent enough. I knew Gabby depended on me, it had always been that way and I think my heart enjoyed it continuing to be that way; I was her older sister, her protector and the person she'd always have. No matter what happened in life Gabby and I would always have one another, she was always going to be my best friend and baby sister, I'd always love her soul and laugh at her peculiarly random thoughts. 
My sister was like sunshine, it was easy to confuse that with innocence. But Gabby knew the real world, I'd had no choice but to show her, though I'd always shieled her away from experiencing it. She didn't need to go through those horrors of greedy hands and slurred words from a stranger. Something bright as her shouldn't ever be dimmed by the world's villainous ways. So I'd always protect her until my very end, I just hoped that when that time came she'd be okay on her own; that was my purpose in life, to make sure Gabby had everything she could ever dream of, to make sure that my baby sister was happy. 

"You're already doing great," Lucy patted her shoulder in a more laddish manner. 

Gabby nodded, "I'll be fine once we get on the pitch."

I gave my sister one last hug and then waved goodbye to the trio as they followed the rest of the team into the tunnel while we were led towards the bench. Putellas was, of course, leading the way because even when we were downgraded to the sidelines, she still found a way to put herself in charge; her ego and arrogance honestly had no end. 

I went to sit by Ingrid, who was also benched for the first half of this match though Jonatan chuckled and shook his head, "I think the seat by Alexia is free," He told me.

Turning around, I saw that Putellas had seats either side of her free; maybe the team had come to their senses and realized the painful nature of their captain. Though I knew what Jonatan was illuding to and I also knew that sitting besides Putellas could prove to our manager that we could be civil. 
I'm not sure if that fact was true considering we couldn't even get through a single conversation without disagreeing, but the act just needed to be good enough for Jonatan to believe it.

"It appears it is," I smiled up at Jonatan and then turned to Ingrid, patting her on the shoulder, "I'm going to go and sit with Putellas, if that's alright with you."

Ingrid furrowed her brows, "Um."

"It is?" I tilted my head, before she could spill anymore, and picked up my water bottle, "Thanks Ingrid, speak to you later."