Whole New Person

Alana's POV

Lucy and Keira's apartment was already packed by the time Gabby and I arrived, which wasn't surprising seeing as we were late; admittedly it was my fault. Gabby had been calling me from downstairs for ages but I'd barely even picked an outfit yet as my skirt was missing, so one thing led to another and Gabby, who'd once been early, ended up waiting in the lounge for me until I finally pulled myself together. It was another thing Gabby and I didn't share; our time-keeping skills. 

"Lana!" A tipsy Ingrid pulled me into a hug, her smile was wide and blue eyes gleamed even in the dark of the apartment, "I was wondering when you two would get here," She laughed.

Gabby rolled her eyes in an exaggerated manner, "We'd have been here a lot earlier if Alana didn't take hours to get ready."

I smirked, "Well maybe I'd have been ready earlier if I could find my skirt you borrowed last week."

Gabby's eyes widened slightly, she knew she'd been caught out.

"Have you seen it anywhere?" I raised my eyebrow, I knew Gabby still had my skirt but I was only teasing her about it, I loved sharing my clothes and shoes with her.

"I'll give it back tomorrow," She nodded.

I chuckled, pulling her into a side hug and kissing the crown of my sister's head, "Don't worry about it."

Gabby's phone began to ring and she was quick to pull it out from her bag.

Ingrid and I shared a wide eyed look, Ingrid was also like a sister to Gaby, and we'd both been hearing about one person in particular for weeks: Kyra this, Kyra that.

"Who is it?" I peered over Gabby's shoulder, but she nudged me away.

"It's Kyra," she whispered, her eyes were wide and her expression blank.

A smile made its way onto my face, "You're nervous," I poked her ribs. 

"Aw that's so cute," Ingrid clapped her hands together.

Gabby glared back at her, shaking her head, "What am I meant to do?" She looked up at me. 

I scoffed, I'd never known Gabby to be so awkward, maybe she was a little quiet sometimes but she'd always been social and comfortable in her own skin. "Answer it," I told her, wondering why my sister was so shocked.

"Ok," Gabby breathed, "I'm going to go out on the balcony."

Ingrid offered her an excited thumbs up and I just spied the drinks on the table, "Gabby wait!" I called for her. 

My sister turned back and I threw a bottle in her direction, "To settle the nerves," I winked; it was my job to tease Gabby, I was her older sister after all. 

Gabby rolled her eyes but was thankful for the drink, "I hate you," She decided.

I laughed, "No you don't. Now go and answer that call before the girl goes to sleep."

And then Gabby was off, before we'd even entered the party, though we probably wouldn't have stayed together anyway; Gabby had always had her own set of friends and I'd always had different ones. 

"Oh Alana," Ingrid grabbed onto my arm and my attention was turned back to the party, "You missed Lucy teaching Mapi that song you all loved in Manchester."

I furrowed my eyebrows, wanting to catch up with my best friend in the drinking department so pouring a healthy amount of vodka and coke into a cup, "What song?"

"How does it go again?" She muttered to herself before yelling for Mapi. 

"Hola Alana," Mapi strode over, laying her arm around Ingrid's shoulders; the two made the perfect pair.