Good News And Bad News

Alana's POV

Training this week had felt long; full of many highs and far fewer lows but the Spanish heat wasn't something I was used to and my nights seemed to be spent tossing and turning. Putellas and I hadn't said a word to one another all week, I'd felt her eyes on me like usual, though when I'd turn my head to look, her glare no longer seemed present. Her eyes were still cold, lips still pressed firmly into a tight line, but I didn't see that same glare anymore. It was strange. 

Gabby grabbed my hand, trying to tug me away from Mapi, Ingrid and Ona. I'd promised my sister I'd say a quick goodbye and then be out of the changing room but I'd gotten lost in a conversation with my teammates about the party at Keira and Lucy's apartment tonight; they were celebrating their dog's birthday which apparently called for a whole team party, though I wasn't complaining. 

"Sorry to steal her guys," Gabby chuckled, "But Jonatan wanted a word with you outside."

I just nodded, dreading what my manager might have to say, "See you all tonight," I smiled to my friends and then followed Gabby out of the changing room. 

"He's just outside I think," She told me, "Alexia is with him too."

"Great," I huffed, knowing this conversation might be longer than I'd hoped for. Gabby began to walk away, though I called her back, "Gabby!"

"Yeah?"

I pulled my car keys from my pocket and tossed them towards my sister, "Wait in the car, will you?"

She nodded, "Yeah, course, good luck."

I raised my eyebrows, "I'm going to need it," I laughed, trying to walk into this conversation able to pretend Putellas and I were friends.

As I walked towards the door, I could see Putellas and Jonatan sat having a conversation, neither of them looked particularly worried or stressed, so it gave me hope that this would be okay. Though knowing how tight the captain and manager were, anything could happen once I sat down with the pair. 
I held my breath and walked towards them.

"Gabby said that you wanted to speak to me," I spoke to Jonatan, ignoring the fact that Putellas had immediately turned around once my presence was known; I didn't need to see the disgust on her face. 

"Yes, please have a seat next to Alexia," He pointed me to the empty chair. 

I gulped and sat down, on the inside chair, beside the brunette as I ran a hand through the length of my hair, "What is it you wanted to talk about?"

Jonatan leaned forward, resting his hands on his knees, "I just wanted to say that I appreciate your efforts and how you've put the team first. You will both play in our upcoming match if you stay on this track."

"Our personal lives shouldn't have ever interfered with our professional, I apologize" Putellas nodded.

Though I begged to differ; Putellas and I had never known each other in a personal environment, we'd never been in a social circle built off of childhood friends or high school classmates, instead we'd always been either colleagues or competitors. Our rivalry had always taken place in a professional environment, yet it had always been so very personal. 

But I wouldn't argue. I just hoped this would mean Putellas and I didn't have to do those private training sessions; they were due to start next week and I'd spent every spare moment dreading them. Being stuck with her for one night had been painful enough, having to be one on one with Putellas every week might just be the death of me. 

Though as if Jonatan could read my mind, he instantly made my dreams come crashing down, "So, I will see the pair of you on Tuesday for your first training session together."