No, Absolutely Not

Alana's POV

"Alana!" My sister was calling up the stairs of my apartment, once again, "What do you do up there which takes you so bloody long?"

I let out a short chuckle, sliding on the back to my earring and then walking to the top of the stairs, "I'm here Gabs, no need to stress," I ruffled her hair as I walked towards the door, grabbing my keys on the way.

Gabby flattened out her hair, opening the door and letting me pass first, "So it's just Mapi and Ingrid there tonight?" she checked. 

I nodded, feeling a skip in my step, "Yep, Mapi is making us paella."

My sister let out an oohed, "that will be nice."

I looked back, finding the expression on her face rather amusing.

"What are you laughing for?" Gabby caught up with me.

"I honestly don't know," I chuckled, brushing a hand through my hair. 

"You're always laughing at something," My sister commented, her eyes bright. 

I shrugged, knowing that I usually couldn't help myself and when I could, it was better to be laughing than doing nothing at all. I liked to smile, I liked to laugh and I liked to shine because when I left this world, I'd want people to think of me as this ray of sunshine who danced through life.
The world had turned far too negative, it was easy to get sucked into all of the bad, and that was fine in small doses, like my rivalry with Putellas, but I wouldn't ever let the darkness consume my life. I'd always find the light. 

Certain things always reminded me to smile, like my sister for example, she was undeniably the brightest thing in my life.

I knocked on Ingrid and Mapi's door, which was swiftly opened by my Norwegian best friend, another person who let the light flood into my life. "Oh you've arrived," she squealed, pulling me into a tight hug. 

I laughed, swinging us slightly and then going to embrace Mapi when I'd finally been let go, "Congratulations Alana," she nodded.

I titled my head, narrowing my eyes, "What for?"

Ingrid stepped besides Mapi, "Your nomination of course!"

"Oh yes," I felt my face brighten, wondering how I could've forgotten it, "Well done for yours too Mapi."

"Gracias," she nodded, licking her lips, "I think the paella is almost ready, but we should let it sit for a while, it tastes better that way."

"Would you like a drink?" Ingrid offered. 

"What are you offering?" I chuckled, looking at Ingrid who tittered, knowing exactly what I meant. 

"Well we have water, juices, maybe even a lemonade," Mapi told us graciously, walking into the kitchen. 

"She means alcohol," Ingrid called to her girlfriend.

"Oh," Mapi responded, "We have all of those things too."

I brushed past Ingrid, following in Mapi's footsteps as she stood by their bar cart, "you do have everything," I joked. 

"Yes, when we get weekends off the girls like to have a party," she explained to me. 

"I'm excited to see that," I grinned, wondering what the Barca girls would be like drunk, as I slid up onto the counter.

"What do you fancy?" Mapi looked up at me.

Ingrid seemed to suddenly appear before the pair of us, smirking back at me, "Maps could you make us three martinis?"

"Coming straight up," Mapi agreed, pulling out a silver cocktail maker.