Chapter 28: Operation Owl 2

Robyn's POV:

I drop onto the bed, sighing from exhaustion. I was in what looked like a bedroom.

'Probably for all the Talons..... They are surprisingly luxurious.... Even tho most of them are walking corpses....' I think to myself.

I groan, sitting up to hold my arm. I frown, looking at the bloodstains on my suit and the wounds on my arm.

I mumble to myself, "Good job, Robyn.... Now I have to find a way to hide this..."

I stand up, going to the shelf to check if there was a first aid kit or at least some bandages.

"The first aid is in the bottom drawer"

I turn around immediately, only to find Talon standing by the door.

I frown, "Right. I do believe I could have figured that out on my own... but thanks..." I whisper a bit to myself, "I guess"

He walks towards me, kneeling down to get the first aid out. I observe his figure for the first time since the battle.

'Strange..... he seems to have a lot less damage than me..... Does he have an extra layer of armor underneath that thing?' I think but keep quiet.

He then stands up, first aid in hand, "Do you-"

"I think I can take care of the rest myself, thanks" I cut him off, taking the first aid kit from him with my uninjured hand.

Even tho he was wearing a mask covering his entire face, I could feel his frown radiating off of him, "I assumed that helping was a 'nice' thing to do"

I raise my eyebrow, "Excuse me? I wasn't aware that Talons had decency in them...."

He shakes his head, "We Talons all have great respect towards one another-"

"Yeah, by how the previous Talon is killed the moment a new one is selected" I mock.

He steps forward, "Listen here, you have been selected by the Grandmaster to do what most would fear to do in their entire lives. I would think you would be grateful" he says in a low voice.

I raise my eyebrow, "As the Grandmaster said, 'an enemy of an enemy is my friend'. The only reason I'm even here is because we have the same enemy. Batman"

He scoffs, "Same enemy? Word is that you and your sister have teamed up with the ol' bat to take us down"

I frown under my mask, "Well, there is such a thing as profit. I was able to get dirt on him before leaving"

'How on earth did these guys know about me and A working with them?.... Is there-... no.... They probably gained the info from Gotham Gazzete. Sparrow hasn't exactly been secretive about the partnership' I think.

I could hear his audible huff through his mask, "And your sister?"

"A mole" I lie through my teeth, "How else would I be able to keep an eye on the bats?"

He leans back, letting me catch my breath, "Impressive..... To have fooled Batman into trusting your own"

I hold my injured arm, making sure it wasn't bleeding, "And I could say the same to you"

I walk up to 'him', "To be able to wear that suit like that..... it must be nice having the extra protection under that suit, no? Wouldn't want the world to know that the famed Talon is now a woman"

'Please tell me I am not wrong...' I think, silently hoping to be right.

The Talon steps back, 'his' chuckles turn to laughter, "So you're as brilliant as they say, huh? Guess you really were a better catch than Sparrow"

"Langston!?" My eyes widen under my mask as I couldn't believe my eyes.

'So this whole time...... Victoria Langston had been obsessed with trying to frame me because..... she is the current Talon!?' I try to blink multiple times, hoping my eyes weren't deceiving me.

"So I'm that famous huh?" Her feminine voice now clearer as she holds her helmet to her hip.

I shake my head, "You're one of the cops. A thief like me is bound to know about you" I reply, remembering where I am.

She shrugs, "Still impressive. I'd have thought you'd have known of Fermont"

I raise my eyebrow, 'Is she jealous of me?..... or is this about something else?"

"I am aware of the Fermont siblings. It's just that they aren't as big of a threat as you cops" I reply, realizing I went quiet.

She shrugs, "I don't know how you thieves work. Or should I call you vigilantes?" she looks at me, seemingly relaxed.

"I'd prefer the former. I wouldn't want to be associated with the bats" I reply immediately, crossing my arms.

'Why is she so relaxed? Could she be trying to get info out of me?' I immediately think, frowning under the mask.

"Why are you here, Miss Langston? I don't believe the Grandmaster asked you here...." I say in a low voice.

She looks at me, laughing, "What? Didn't you notice something important?"

I frown. I look around, noticing there were two beds here. My eyebrows frown, "Two beds..... two people....." My eyes widen.

She laughs, punching my shoulder, "Welcome to the house, roommate!" She throws her helmet back on her bed, "Make sure not to leave your half of the room dirty, the grand miss doesn't like us ruining her room"

"The grand miss?" I look at her.

She chuckles, "Just a name me and my buddies came up with for the Janitor. She's super strict about keeping our rooms clean"

I sigh, 'Just fantastic...... So I have to deal with her and a stingy janitor!?... this mission is starting to feel like a bigger chore than it should'