Chapter 1: Instigation of a future companion

"This is the most foolish idea you've came up with, Grayson"

This was one of those rare days where Dick got all the batboys to come for a so called 'family bonding time' as he called it. Damian was not pleased by this, although Bruce would say otherwise.

"I hate to say it, Dickie bird. but I have to agree with Demon spawn over here" Jason said, as he kept spinning his apartment keys while gathering looks from the others.

"How is it that Cassandra gets to leave but not us?" Tim asked

"Because Barbara and Stephine want to spend time with her, Tim. Try to enjoy the moment for now, we will have to go on patrol tonight anyway." Bruce said, happy that him and the boys can spend some time together without having to deal with a supervillain.

"Yeah, it isn't every day we can go for lunch together-" as Dick said this from the driver's seat, his phone started ringing, which earned a puzzled look from everyone. With a sigh, Dick looked at the caller id to see that Commissioner Gordon was calling him. With a worried look he received the call.

"Hey Commish, what do you need? -"

"Dick, I need you to come to the hospital quick. Don't ask questions now, this is important" Gordon said, in a strict voice.

Dick's eyebrows frowned but without a second thought, he turned the car around and headed straight for the hospital. Noticing Dick's worry, Tim attempted to calm Dick on the way there.

Once the Waynes reached the hospital, Dick swiftly opened the door and ran inside as the others followed. Once everyone was in, they were surprised to see Dr.Leslie scolding a strange girl who was just crossing her arms while keeping her head down. Looking at the scene in front of him, Dick sighed and held his head on his hand for a minute before making his way to the two while the Commissioner made his way to Dick.

"Alright, what did she do this time, Leslie?"

The statement confused Bruce and the boys, who was this woman they didn't know of?

"Apparently young Fermont here refused to sleep properly or rest after she was shot on her arm" Dr.Leslie said, giving the unknown woman a look that could only be summed up to a disappointed mother.

"Well, I'm ok now besides I would have been fine" The woman said stubbornly, as she still kept her arms crossed.

"We had to bring you to the hospital and put you in bed rest for nearly a month" Dr.Leslie argued

"Crime doesn't sleep, Doctor. Do you really expect me to?" The woman said

"* sigh * You are impossible, Leora"

As Leslie said this, Jason's eyes widen after hearing the name.

"I'm not impossible, that is my sister's job" the supposed 'Leora' said with a shrug as she soon turned and scanned her surroundings. Once her eyes landed on Jason she narrowed her eyes, sending a glare that could almost be compared to the batglare. Jason felt his back shiver at her gaze as he soon looked away and looked at Leslie who looked exhausted from having to explain the importance of sleep to 'Leora', who just looked around before approaching Dick.

"You never told me you were going out today, Officer Grayson" 'Leora' said, her arms still crossed. The way she talked and stood eerily reminded Bruce of both Damian and Tim.

"Oh yeah, how could you tell?" Dick said, now crossing his arms with a smirk on his face.

"First, the fact that you are with your family and not your co-workers. Second, your posture is relaxed. Third, you aren't wearing formal clothing. And fourth, your shoes aren't clean." The woman said with a smirk.