Chapter 11: Masks

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T INVESTIGATE THIS CASE!?" Leora yelled, distraught. "I'M THE ONE THESE PEOPLE ARE TARGETING! WE COULD USE IT TO OUR ADVANTAGE AND ARREST THEM!" Commissioner Gordon sighed at this.

"Look Leora, as much as your plan might work, you and your sister's lives are more important. Way more important than arresting them." Commissioner Gordon said, his voice sounding tired.

"Then you can just keep Amara safe, I can be safe on my own." Leora replied with a shrug. Commissioner Gordon just sighed again.

"No Leora. You and your sister are two of the few people that the people of Gotham are willing to trust. Two of the few people that give them hope, right along with the Waynes and the bats. If anything happens to any of you, there aren't many others who are willing to help Gotham back from its feet like you guys." he told her, emphasizing his point.

Leora couldn't argue with that fact. She knew that although there wasn't blatant evidence, any harm done to the two remaining Fermonts would undoubtedly cause chaos amongst the people.

"Can I at least help with this case? The unanswered questions will not help me get any decent amount of sleep at night." Leora asked, her last attempt at convincing the Commissioner.

"No, it's too dangerous. However, we will try to update you on anything obscure going on anywhere else."

Leora just let out a sigh and nodded with a small smile, leaving the GCPD and making her way back to one of her safehouses. A plan begins to form in her mind, as her small smile morphs into a mischievous smirk.

AT THE SAFE HOUSE

Leora parked her car in the garage of the safe house. She was conflicted, how could she bend Gordon's rules and get away with it. Then she remembered, Leora might not be able to investigate this case, but there was someone who could. She made her way inside the safe house only to find Amara on the couch, changing the channels.

"You seem bored." Leora calmly remarked walking up behind her sister.

"Ah!" Amara screamed as she almost fell off the couch in surprise, while Leora kept a hand on mouth stopping her laugh to be heard from the main city.

"You could have said something when you came home instead of scaring me. I thought you were a criminal for a second, or worse, a bat." Amara said, rubbing her head in exasperation.

"Eh, it wouldn't have been as much fun. Besides, I needed my laptop." Leora replied with a shrug.

"What? Why?" Amara asks, suspicious.

"The Commissioner has banned me from investigating the case." Leora huffed.

"And I'm guessing you aren't exactly planning on listening." Amara crossed her arms, fed up with her sister's shenanigans.

"Hey! I am listening... mostly. All I'm doing is bending the rules a little bit." Leora snarks back.

"How exactly are you planning on bending the rules a little bit?" Amara questions, suspicious.

"Well, Leora might not be allowed to investigate this case, but...." Leora continued, while putting on her brown coat and masks, before going and typing on her laptop.

"But not Robyn Hood." Amara states exasperated, putting her face in her hands.

"Bingo. Well suit up, unless you want to be on supervising duty that is." Leora said, typing in the final keys, as she was already suited up and ready to leave.

"No, No! I'll come, just give me a minute to suit up." Amara quickly replied, leaving the room to go suit up.

Gotham City