I also confronted him with what I discovered about his relationship with my mom, the divorce, the affair, the true love, the mistakes, and the sin they did to each other.

I sense hurt in all of his being by how he hide things from me. Those secrets that he's been holding back since I was born. He did his best to explain everything to me. I also remembered what he said about him and my mom's situation that kept replaying in my head which proves something about what love really does to people.

"I love your mother, I truly am. But her heart isn't made for me and I was hurt because whatever I do, it doesn't change anything. Love is a choice and I chose to love her in my own terms despite having her heart loving and choosing another."

"I admit that I became hard on her and I still regret what I did to her just so I can make her stay with me, until now and I guess for the rest of my life I'll feel regretful. I'm sorry."

Those words lingered in me, he was desperate to be loved by my mom but he still did horrible things to her. And yes, he admitted his mistakes and with that we reconciled but because of our heavy confrontation, the heart attack happened which I just discovered when we reach the hospital. He has coronary heart disease.

---

"Good evening, Doc." Napatayo agad ako nang makapasok ang doctor sa loob ng private room kung nasaan si Daddy.

"Tita Brielle na lang, iha." Yup, she's my best friend's mom at nandito kami ngayon sa hospital nila because this is the nearest hospital in the city where we live in.

"Good evening po, tita." Paguulit ko.

Ngumiti ito at pumwesto sa kabilang side ng higaan, nakaharap sa akin. My dad is currently sleeping while she checked on him again.

"How's my Dad po, Tita?"

She glanced at her clipboard then looked at me. "He visited us for quite some time for the past months, I thought he made his progress because we conducted tests on him and it did improve his health. Kaya nagtaka ako kung bakit bigla siyang isinugod dito but upon checking, he's been back to smoking at lalo pang lumala ang pag consume niya nito. His diet and exercise seems to falter too by the way he gained weight."

"Teka lang po, I don't understand. What's with him po ba? He's sick?"

"Oh, you didn't know? I see but I think it's your right to know about his condition. He has coronary heart disease."

Natuptop ang bibig ko dahil sa nalaman. I looked at my Dad who is still sleeping peacefully. Bakit dad? Bakit hindi ka na naman nagsabi?

Naikuyom ko ang mga kamao ko sa ibabaw ng hita ko at huminga ng malalim.

"Kailan pa po siya nag umpisa magpacheck up?"

"About 5 to 6 months ago."

"That long?" My eyes widened in shock. Hindi ako makapaniwalang ang tagal na niyang tinatago yung nararamdaman niya kaya pala lagi siyang mukhang pagod at maputla. Akala ko because of work lang, may iniinda na pala talaga siya.

"He was still strong that time and he only experienced minor symptoms. He said it was because of so much stress and worry about work and you, so he leaned himself to smoking and unhealthy eating habits and without his knowledge, it triggered his heart disease since then."

Napahilamos na lang ako sa mukha dahil sa nalaman. Maybe that's the time when we were not in good terms because of what happened on my last date in which I blamed it all to him and then our company's status that time was wearing off.