Chapter 33

Lovely Uzziah

"Aaah!!" Bigla akong napasigaw nang malakas dahil sa pangyayaring nanunumbalik sa isipan ko. Namumuo at nanlalamig ang mga pawis kong tumatagaktak sa aking noo at leeg.

Hingal at bilis ng tibok ng puso ang bumungad sa akin. Yakap yakap ang sarili sa aking tuhod habang dumaloy ang luha sa aking mga mata nang hindi ko namamalayan.

"Couz! What happened?!" Biglang bumukas ang pintuan ng aking silid at iniluwa nito ang aking pinsan na si Nervana na may halong pag aalala na nakarehistro sa kanyang mukha.

Lumapit ito sa akin upang bigyan ako ng yakap sabay haplos sa aking likuran.

"Shhh... It's not your fault, okay?" She said softly, her head resting on my shoulder while still rubbing my back gently by her right hand while the other is caressing the back of my hand that is placed near my elbow.

I was just staring at the large painting that is attached to my wall in front of me. The one I painted before which used to be my source of peace and motivation every time I glance at it.

(Credits to: mouhamadmecsacie on Tmblr)

It's an image of a woman who's alone at the shore, red represents her tainted hands, whose blood she carries in the deepest of her heart like how the ocean's deep is. The one she can't really forget nonetheless chose to hide it from the bottom of her heart so no one could find it unless someone dive into it.

Red may be blood stains in her hands but it also represents her deepest love for someone. The love that will do anything to protect her.

She may feel alone and the heavy guilt still carries on but the ocean around her is too big, too deep and has no ending just like her love. It reminds her that her purpose is bigger than her anxiety, it may be an unending cycle of life's struggle but that is not a hindrance to end it because she believes that there are greater things ahead of her, greater than her sins, guilt, loneliness and sorrow and that is her greatest love which is the uppermost of it all—she will always choose her until the end.

It's because of the serene feeling she lets her feel every time she's near, in sight, and touching her skin like the ocean in the painting represents—that were the reasons she will never trade her life for anything but to be with that person.

And as always will be. Loving her is like the ocean. It's deep, vast and unpredictable—it can be both soothing and turbulent but it will always remains steady and constant.

"Do you think she still likes me if she ever discovered my past? If I told her I killed someone, if I told her I'm not perfect and I'm disgusted of myself? What if she hates me for that? For lying that I never known her mom, for being her stalker and secretly hates her dad for whatever he did. I don't think she'll look at me the same and I'm afraid she will hate me for the rest of my life because of it." I said in between my sobs. I buried my head on my arms that hugs my knees and sniffles. "I can't imagine her mad face looking at me like I'm the most pathetic human she ever encountered."