Chapter 1: Busy

LEO POV:
Leo had spent an hour with Jason and Piper, though he doubted that they noticed him. They were too busy staring into each others eyes.

"Uhh guys, I think I'm gonna go ask Annabeth something-" He said, though he just wanted to get away from the two love birds.
He thought that maybe he would be able to sword fight with Percy so he headed to the water boys cabin, however as soon as he came within a metre of the
Posiden Cabin, he heard the screams of Annabeth.

Oh the fear.

"WE LEARNT THIS SEWEED BRAIN! I SWEAR TO ATHENA YOU ARE SO STUPID SOME THINGS!" Said the shouts of Annabeth, though he was nervous to see what was going on in there, Leo knocked on the door and within a few seconds, an angry looking Annabeth answered.

"WHAT." she demanded with an furious explain.
Leo frowned at her and suddenly guilt spread across her face.
"Oh Leo- I'm so sorry, this idiot is getting on my last nerve, we are doing practice tests for the SATS so we can go to college in new Rome next year and so far...well you can guess how it's going" explained Annabeth, Leo could tell she was feeling guilty for shouting so he put on his regular grinning expression.

"No probs Annie, I was just wondering if Aqueman-"
"DON'T. CALL. ME. AQUAMAN. " shouted Percy from his bed inside the Cabin which was filled with papers of equations and notes, though Leo pretended to ignore him.
"-could do some sword fighting with me but I guess your too busy?" Said Leo, though he was mostly asking Annabeth if they were too busy.
"Yes we are very busy, sorry Valdez" she said before shutting the door.

Leo couldn't help but feel neglected, though he knew that they didn't mean to make him feel this way.
He thought about iris messaging Frank to annoy him however he'd already been told by Hazel, who he briefly spoke to this morning, that they were swamped and didn't have the time today. Which is what they would say almost everyday.
He wished Calypso was here, she's been working for Hermes for only a week and Leo misses her so much.

While Leo walked over to the infirmaey to see what everyone's favorite power couple Will and Nico were doing, he reminised how wonderful the first two weeks after the war had been.
The seven, Reyna, Will and Nico hung out constantly and honestly never got sick of each other's company, they had been so happy when two weeks after the war, Nico and Will had gotten together and when Leo wasn't with them, he'd been building gadgets with his siblings and pulling pranks with the stolls brothers. Leo thought everything was perfect....he thought too soon. The fates must have been laughing their heads off as Annabeth and Percy began their last year of online school, Jason and Piper went into another "honeymoon phase", Frank, Hazel and Reyna became busy in New Rome, Will became busy in the infirmary with Nico helping him, Conner Stoll left for college, leaving Travis just being gloomy and sad all the time and even Leos siblings had no time for him.

Leo sighed, he can't feel sorry for himself, he thought he was just being selfish. At least he had Nico and Will to hang out with and they were practically the best comedic duo. There hadnt been any injuries recently so he expected them to be well, 'unbusy' however when he opened the infirmary doors, it was abandoned. No soul in sight, Leo sighed, he was about to leave and look for the two in the dining hall when he heard a noise coming from the Matience closet, he thought Will and Nico might be in trouble so he slowly creeped over to the door, however when he opened it, he found Will and Nico making out.

They stopped immediately upon Leo opening the door and the two turned to him, Leo instantly felt like a third wheel, and like he did whenever Jason and Piper made out, he wanted to stick his head inside of an oven. (Seeing his friends kissing each other just gave him the ick)

Will rubbed his head and awkwardly said, "we were just- uh looking for something- ah there it is" lied Will as he grabbed something random from the shelf and Nico rolled his eyes.
"I'm going to go bang my head against a wall now, have a fun time in the closet you two" he grinned and Will let out a small chuckle.

"Pun intended?" Nico asked, being closing to door to the closet.
Leo didn't know who to talk to, he had felt lonely, neglected and just plain old sad for a week now.
He walked to Hephaestus cabin with a fake smile on his face, saying jokes to passing campers, little did everyone know, inside his head, the thoughts of running became more and more.

"It'll be easier to run"
"They don't care about you, just run away"
"You've run away before just do it again."
"Running will make you happier"
"You have no one just run"

Once he'd reached Hephaestus Cabin, he make sure nobody was in there and started sobbing, the thoughts of his previous foster homes came to him as he thought about running. How easy it would be to leave this camp behind.