Chapter 16- You're such a back stabber

Start from the beginning

"It's a bit complicated, Peach." Ruby replied.

"Then explain it to me. Isn't that what you came here to do?" 

Ruby took a deep breath before looking deep into the Fairy's hazel eyes.

"Last year I developed some... feelings for the Trix." She admitted it.

"So you like them?" Ebony asked.

"A little bit more than just like."

"You're in love with those three witches?" Ebony said in disbelief.

"Not that much more. Love is huge word." Ruby said, chuckling nervously before sighing. "I never intended it to happen, it just did and I swear I tried to but, I just can't get rid of these feelings and now, I really don't want them to go away."

"Why?" Ebony asked, her eyes filling with tears once again. "Why would you want them? They tried to kill so many people, your sister included. Me included. How could you ever love them?"

"I don't know." Ruby answered, honestly. "The truth is that I really don't understand how could I ever feel this way towards them. They tried to kill my sister, they killed dozens of innocent people back at the asylum, they mentally tortured my therapist and also Riven and they started a war with the whole Magix. But when I'm with them, it's when I feel the happiest, the safest. No one else in the entire world gives me this sense of comfort they do, not even my family."

"That's really unhealthy, Ru." Ebony said, concern splashed all across her face.

"I know. But it doesn't feel like it." Ruby said chuckling sadly. "Please, Peach, try to understand my situation here. The Trix are the best thing that has happened to me since ever and I don't want to lose them or their love or their memories. But I don't want to lose you either. You're one of my best friends in the entire world and it kills me to know you're suffering because of me. Please don't be upset."

"I'm not." Ebony said, smiling softly and cleaning away her tears. "I get it. You want to feel loved and safe and the Trix provide you that in their own weird way. The only thing I want is for you to be happy with the right people. And if those people are the Trix or some other crazy bitch, then I'm ok with it."

"Thank you, Peach. I knew you'd understand." Ruby said, hugging her friend tighly, happy she wasn't mad anymore. "However I need to ask you something."

"You want to copy the homework Wizgiz gave us because you forgot to do it, don't you?" Ebony asked in a whisper.

"Yeah." Ruby whispered back making the brunette laugh and pull away. "There's that beautiful smile."

"The homework is in that desk." Ebony said, still laughing softly.

"Thank you, you're a life saviour." Ruby said, smiling widely before walking towards a desk close to the window. The redhead picked up a small notebook which she recognized to be the one Ebony uses on Professor Wizgiz class. Before she could open it, her attention shifted to an object on the desk. "Is this a 70's polaroid?"

"Hm? Oh yeah, it is." Ebony said, smiling excitedly. "I love that camera, it just as such a weird vibe... weird in a good way. Something about its antiquity is simply beautiful."

"It's not that ancient. It's been 50 years, but you're making it sound as if it's been centuries since this thing was made." Ruby said, chuckling while picking up a picture which was most likely taken by the polaroid.

"But it's been centuries." Ebony told her. "Don't forget that technology here is much more advanced than on Earth."

"Mhm." Ruby said, having lost interest in what the Fairy was saying. "You took this picture?"