Night Zed Pt2

Routinely, you wake up at 4am on the dot. Phone being gone, there was no need for an alarm clock. You look around half asleep, Simon still laying next to you. Half clothing, you unbuckle his pants to help him relax completely. You raise up, unconsciously getting ready for you morning workout. Simon woke up quickly after opening the first drawer.

"Hmmhm?" He hummed "where are you going?" He asked
"To workout.." you replied as you rummage through the drawers
"Oh.." hearing him slump back over into the bed "want me to go with you?"

You pulled out old PT outfits, looking at them. "Yeah, if you'd like..." you said lowly
"What time is it?" He replied as he sits on the bed
"Bout 4, 15 ish" you replied undressing quickly
"Hold on, let me go with you. You're going too fast.." he stood up with a hand out.

You slowed down, and sat on the bed as you tied your shoes. Drowsy still, you slumped back into bed and waited for him. After a few minutes, you feel your feel involuntarily, you shoot up seeing Simon tying your laces better.
"Thank you" you gave him a sleepy smile
"Yeah.." he stood up and patted your knee on the way.

"Let's go" he said "we're up than most people" he adds
You giggle "I guess it's habit"
"I'm glad you haven't change.. maybe a bit, but I'm yet to see what have.." he said lowly as he opened the door for you.
"Me too.." you said curiously
"Are you injuries even okay to go to the gym?.." he says after closing and locking the door
"I suppose, I'm a quick healer.." you lift your shirt up to see for yourself of your injuries. They seem closed and already scarring. "I'll go light.. maybe.. we'll see"
"Yeah.. I'll help you.." he says calmly

His voice was comforting with its harsh and rough accent, sounded like he's trying to be softer which isn't belongs but the idea of him trying to speak lower and in a innocent manner. Makes him more cuter.. you smile at him, and nod. "Yeah"

After arriving at the in base gym, surprisingly untouched from the explosion. You look over the gum again. Reminiscing over the small moments by the treadmill and punching bag. You smile internally. And walk over to the treadmill itself, and turn it on.

Simon did the same, as he follow you around to help. You start with a fast paced walk.

"So.." Simons spoke .. an awkward silence after
"Yes?" You say breathing rhythmically
"The next mission.." he adds
"Speak to Price, I'm guessing he's taking over after finding out what's the deal from the last one.." you quickly replied, you add more speed to the treadmill, Simon did the same.
"No.. I know but .. for you.." he says as he huffs trying to catch rhythm.
Your mind races as you think of a plan within yourself. Simon sees your eyes darting across the treadmill screen.
"I didn't mean to trigger something.." he spoke
You cut him off
"I'm doing this for you.. the first clue was they were after you. For some reason and for that, I got pissed. And did what I did." You huffed "it wasn't your fault for the way I acted.. I just- ... care." You speed the treadmill more and incline it to 1.5. Simon did the same.
"Listen.." he huffed as the "hill" feature kicked in "I- didn't mean for all this to happen so fast.. I didn't see it coming.." he says
You unfazed by the incline, and the burning in your thighs and calf's didn't do much for you. You continued.
"You need cardio. All the muscles won't do much for ya" you said casually
"Yeah.." he scoffed
"Keep up." You chuckled unfazed
"How do you even do it?" He asked as he struggles
"For me. Rile number one is . Pain is a mental." You say.
Simon took a second to reply. It must've hit deep for him. After a while, his jogging on an incline go 1.5 turned into nothing.
"Ready for 2?" You asked
"How high we going?" He asked
"Keep up, it's three" you replied turning the height to 2.
"Just when you step down, don't use the leg that coming up to bring your leg forward. Use the leg that is down to kick up with the knee to bring the other one up. And repeat." You look over to him struggling
"How would I know if I'm doing it right?" He says
"You don't know how to jog? You know when your thighs are burning too" you replied as you Pat the front of your thigh.
"They are.. kinda" he replies
"Kinda?" You laugh "either your kit doing it right or you need a higher incline.. go up .5" you say giggling. You do the same.
"Ooooooh okay... there it is.. wow" he says surprised
"That'll get you. Congrats, you made it to 2.5 incline. Before you give up." You clap as you jogged
"Give up? Oh no, I'm going to 3." His face with determination
"Doubt. You're already dying at 1.5" you raise the incline to 3. He does the same. The incline being an almost steep hill. Having to bend your knee almost a 90 degree.
"Damn.. y/n" he says holding onto the bars
"Aht aht, no bars. There's no bars on the field" you say sternly
He whips his hands off the bars in realization "right right.." after saying so, he stumbles seeing him trip. You quick cut his and your emergency stop traps.
"You alright?" You ask
He leaned over and huffed "how? everyday?" He asks
"Yeah.. everyday..." grabbing him a water. "You'll be okay.. there's more to my routine"
"What?!" He playfully shouted
You giggle "yeah.. more"

*time skip*

Much later in the day, the task force gets called to the briefing room. Some half equipped some, not close. Casually walking in. This time the aura was much heavier.

"Alright" price scans the room before he begins, laying down a blueprint, taking a breath.  "Location... Vagas."