"𝐢 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐨𝐨"

A couple days go by, felt like years. The thick air of losing Royce and Meat in a Single day was hard on the Team. They obviously known them more than you, but being apart of the group itself.. it hurt you too.

Walking by the members of Task Force 141 gliding down the Base halls. No hellos.. not even a glance.

Except when it came to Simon. He would leave little trinkets around base for you to find. Your artillery room locker. The locker in the fitness room.. Even infront of your door. You knew it was him. He would sign off a "𝐆" on anything with a tag. You didn't want to get rid of it either. You went out your way and ordered a shelf delivered, built it, and displayed the gifts in your room. Conveniently placed to where it would be the last thing and first you see each day. He was a cold, somber man. His eyes held pain. You almost liked it, but despised the fact he has this unspeakable torture.

One night, for some reason you couldn't sleep. You decided to roam the Base as you always did. Seeing what you already knew was there, this time actually taking in details. The back table of the Chow hall, had knife scratch marks.. it wasn't uniform. It looked a mess, like doodles a child would draw when they didn't know how to start finding themselves. They were deep. Grazing your index finger over them, they were worn out. Like it's been there since forever.. but stopped carving to make fresh ones. You gripped on your robe as you sighed. "𝐒𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐧.." you muttered. Speaking soft enough so that your voice didn't echo. Only the shuffles of your feet made sound.

Moving on to the Fitness room, into the locker room.. you stopped infront of Ghosts locker.. same thing.. but on the inside. A spare mask.. it was real. A real skull. It didn't creep you out. You just touched and felt what was someone else's face. Now on someone.. you liked. Putting the mask back and closing the locker softly. You sat down on the bench infront of it. Absorbing the silence and darkness, only the moon light the room.

Hearing footsteps. You stood up. Being the only person making sound, you easily detected where they were going. Avoiding them. Just as you were about to exit...

"𝐅𝐨𝐱..."

A familiar voice spoke. "𝐈𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭.. 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐨.." he took a breath out of frustration "I 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐬𝐨 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐲.. 𝐈𝐦 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜.." Simon then punched a locker, making you jump. Then him sitting on the bench, plopping himself down, making the bench screech.

You slowly walked over to him, staying farthest from him. As you didn't know if he were to throw another punch.

"𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲.. 𝐆𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭.." you softly spoke, almost as a whisper musical tone. He looks at your direction. Eyes pink.. he was crying.. or he just cried before coming out here. You give him a soft smile, leaning back up the wall, now standing. The moonlight casted a little over half your body.. revealing your fluffy gray colored robe.

He looks over to you, in awe as you stood there silently. Nothing but a warm smile. His gaze felt inviting, as it softened by your sight. You walked closer to him, now standing a foot away. His masked face stared down, and he grabbed your wrist gently. "𝐒𝐢𝐭.. 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞" the same words he said the night at the beach. You didn't mind if he didn't say anything, or spoke. You were just glad he had someone like you to be with him as he battled his own demons. Your aura felt like a protection charm to him. To have you close, and near for him to even function.

"𝐈-.." he cleared his throat.. " 𝐝𝐨𝐧,𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨.."

Your heart bounded for just a second, before calming yourself and replying "𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠.. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠.." you sat down finally next to him, he almost immediately shifted his position, flipping a leg over the bench to face you entirely.

His mask in the dark locker room, for most would be startled, even afraid. You wasn't on the other hand. To you.. he was a gentle giant. His palms reach down to support his lean towards you. "𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧,𝐭 𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞?" He spoke softly, his thick deep Manchester accent didn't help but crack trying to whisper.
You just smiled, nearly giggled. "𝐍𝐨.." as you caressed his masked face. He leaned closer, but refrained. Backing away to his original position.

"I 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝.." you gripped your robe and looked down at his hands "𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮.."

Ghosts silence was loud. He didn't want to speak about it. You understood that.. but that wasn't the reason why you brought it up. He looked at you eyes widened.. as if he knew what you were going to say next.

"𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐞-.." he cut you off "𝐲𝐞𝐬..."

Still looking at his hands.. "I 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐨𝐨.."

"𝐅𝐨𝐱.." he finally understood how to whisper..

"𝐌𝐲 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐘/𝐍. 𝐈𝐟.. 𝐲𝐨𝐮,𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭.." slowly looking back at him. Just as you did, a single tear rolled out his eye and disappeared behind his mask.

The intimate moment was only fueled by your synced breathing, and the silence with occasional water dripping. Typical horror movie suspense.

He slips off his mask. Showing his scared face, blonde lashes and hair. Though you already seen his eyes, his complexion only complimented it. It was golden honey. The same scar from the Mexican food store, dragged through his cheek through his bottom lip and chin. His wrinkles of his constant frowning behind his mask, and eyebrow scrunches. "𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬?" He added. Like his face was horrible and disgusting.

You simply nodded.. "𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐈? 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭"
He didn't reply but just leaned forward.
Reaching your hand up to his face, the touch made him close his eyes. You pressed your hand on his cheek, caressing his scar slowly moving down his lip. "𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐬.." you softly whispered
He kept his eyes closed, but then after a moment his chin and lip quivered.. he was going to cry.
You pulled him in for a hug, keeping him close to your chest. Opening your robe, having him melt in your warmth. "𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲.." he finally let out a soft sob.. wrapping his arms around your waist pulling you in.

Even though, you felt this was just the beginning.

You kissed his head, a couple of kisses. Rubbed his back. Even squeezed him.

He pulled away. Sniffling. "𝐈𝐦 𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝.."

You wrapped yourself up again "𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐧𝐨𝐰.." you patted his knee as you stood up.

"𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐈 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩-" you cut him off "𝐲𝐞𝐬."

He stood up aching, as he maybe didn't sleep for days. Following behind, you got to your barrack.
You sighed "𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐭.."
He smiled finally.. puffy eyes were forming. You rushed to grab a blanket, and a glass of water.
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐝? 𝐎𝐫.." you asked ..

He silently shuffled over to the couch. Though it was fine, it was best not to rush things like this. He sat down, the couch was new. It was very soft and the fabric didn't leave a mark on the skin from prolonged sitting. You strapped the blanket on him and set the glass down on the coffee table.

"𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.." as you rubbed his shoulder.
"𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝.. 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.." he replied "𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮"