𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖱𝖳𝖸-𝖤𝖨𝖦𝖧𝖳: 𝖠𝗒, 𝖣𝗂𝗈𝗌 𝖬𝗂𝗈

Hobie POV:

Do I really make her feel that way?

Weak?

Thoughts laced with doubt swirl through my mind, rendering me silent as I stick out one finger and poke her in the direction of the portal.

I feel myself audibly gulp involuntarily, as if my body is waiting in agonising anticipation for the formidable.

She takes no notice, stepping shakily into the mass of glitching before us.

My hands itch to pull her back into me, to feel each ridge, bump and smooth expanse of her back find my chest.

But when has my head ever listened to my heart?

When have I ever let it?

~

Y/N POV:

"What's wrong, n/n?"

Two warm hands envelop my face, paint smudged on each fingertip.

Before I can respond, I hear another voice.

"I'm home, my sweets!"

It's sweet; melodic, even. Full of joy.

The front door clicks shut.

"Mama?" The warmth of the hands leave my face as the person in front of me rises from their knees.

"Valee, honey. How was work? Those kidlets not giving you a hard time, are they?" The older woman who has just entered the room looks upon the girl she calls 'Valee' with warmth in her eyes. They look similar; same shade of hair, same glint in their eye. Most likely related.

She returns the look with a pretty smile. "Good, good. No one drinking the paint yet, which is ideal." The girl before me lets out a pretty laugh, a dimple appearing on her left cheek.

The sound is familiar.

Sounds like home.

My heart aches for something I can't quite place.

"And what about you, nina?" The woman's gaze flits to me, her eyes a beautiful hazel.

For some odd reason, I feel so relaxed by their searching inspection.

"I- Me?" I croak.

"Ay, dios mio, do not play dumb with your dear mami. You went out with that boy, did you not?"

"Toby, mama. His name is Toby." 'Valee' corrects her, with a playful roll of her eyes.

The woman's bangles tinkle as she claps her hands together, her grin widening. "Ah, Toby. How's Toby, y/n?"

I manage to clear my throat, and on shaky legs, I take a hesitant stance beside the girl wearing an apron littered with children's stickers and brightly coloured acrylic stains. "Good."

"That's what we like to hear. Make sure to invite him over for dinner on Friday, yes? Tamale night."

"Yes, yes, I will remind her, mama." The same warm hands once holding my face usher me into a washroom, before they close the door behind her with a subtle 'click' from the lock.

The room remains silent for a minute, save for the rushing of water from the basin faucet as the girl before me cleans the dried paint from her hands.

I take this time to further inspect her.

Her hair is the same shade of h/c as mine.

Her eyes reflect the same mischievous tilt as mine.

Bone structure is similar.

"You gonna tell me what's up, girly?" She dries her hands on a clean towel before meeting my eyes. "Don't think you can hide something from your twin sister."

My mouth dries.

"Valeesha?"

~

A/N:

sorry for the luck of updates guys, shit is hitting rock bottom at the moment for me hehe

i know yall want em to kiss AND THEY WILL I SWEAR just not this chapter pookies

any questions about where this book is going an stuff like that feel free to ask!