𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖶𝖤𝖭𝖳𝖸-𝖳𝖧𝖱𝖤𝖤: 𝖫𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝖶𝗁𝗈 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖲𝖺𝗉𝗉𝗒 𝖮𝗇𝖾 𝖨𝗌 𝖭𝗈𝗐

sorry not sorry for the last chapter

~

Hobie POV:

"Who said I have no interest in you?"

The elevator doors close with a clunk, obscuring her reaction. Fuck, was that too bold?

Running my fingers down my face, I internally groan. Is she going to be OK? What if whatever Mal is tells her is too harsh?

Ding!

Stepping out of the elevator, I make my way through the lobby, towards the double doors leading onto the street.

She's got one hour, then I come back, I decide. I'm not letting her out of my sight for too long in such a state.

By now I've reached a street lined with shops ranging from houseware to clothing, books and other goods.

I pull up Pavitr's number in my phone, pressing 'call'.

"Hey bruva!" He picks up on the second ring.

"Hey Pav. So, I've had a good idea for the grand gesture, and I think you will be real proud of me."

"Spill then!"

"Nope. Come meet me."

"Fineeeeeee." I just know he's got his bottom lip out like a child.

"Put ya lip back in or a bird will land on it, hoe."

"How'd ya know I was pouting?"

"Cause you always are. Just hurry up."

"Aye, aye, captain!"

~

"So, what's the master plan?" Pavitr slings his arm around me, bounding excitedly beside me as we walk down the street.

"I'm thinking that if I want her to be at my place more often, I should buy some things for her to keep there. So she doesn't have to lug it between houses." I watch him in my peripheral, wanting to see his reaction.

His face lights up. "See! You can be adorable when you really feel like it!"

"Call me adorable again 'n' you won't wake up tomorrow."

Pavitr shuts his mouth, but the cheesy grin doesn't leave his face.

"That isn't any better!"

~

"What is the normal amount of towels one would need?" Pavitr questions, stroking different patterned towels in a homewares store.

"I already have towels, so maybe only like two for her?" Picking up a fluffy grey towel, I turn it over in my hands. "She might use one for 'er hair."

"Hell no!" Pavitr swats my arm. "Buy her a hair drying turban, you monster!"

"A what?"

Scuttling down the isle, Pav comes back with a small blue box. "It's a little towel for your hair when it dries, to use instead of a bath towel. Towels can hurt your neck."

"And you know all this why?"

All he does is wink, before dropping the turban into the basket tucked under my arm.

"So that's..." I rifle through the basket, recalling the items we had picked up. "Two bath towels, a hair towel, two toothbrushes, lavender body wash, hair ties, a hairbrush, facemasks, shampoo and conditioner... What else do we need?"

"That should be about it from here." Pav grabs my bicep lightly, dragging me to the register.

~

After paying for the items, we resume our stroll down the street.

"Wanna look anywhere else before we go?"

"N-" We stop short in front of a music store. "Yes, actually."

A bell chimes as we enter, and I immediately smell the incense burning at the counter. You know they got good shit if there's incense burnin'.

I make a beeline for the records, going across the alphabet, looking for a specific letter.

'F'.

Flicking through the artists, I find the one I'm looking for.

Pavitr leans over my shoulder to watch what I'm doing. "You're getting another record?"

"Not for me, for her." I pull up the one I'm looking for.

'The Colour and the Shape' it reads. "It's the album she was listening to today."

"If I was her, I'd be melting." Pav swoons, leaning against me.

"Yeah, whateva." God, I hope she does melt.

~

Now back in my dimension, we sit on the couch, organising the gift basket.

"I'm really glad you decided to do this, Hobie."

"Why are ya gettin' all sappy on me?"

Pavitr sighs, setting down the face masks in his hand. "She's had it really hard these last days. And it will only get harder. She needs a good support system, and I'm happy that you're willing to step into that role. It's not like you to take to someone like this, and I applaud you for finally letting yourself love and show you care for someone."

"I-" Running my fingers down my face, I take in his words. "Thank you. For everything today."

He punches me lightly on the arm. "Look who the sappy one is now!"

~

A/N:

please forgive me, my writing is shit lately lol