𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖱𝖳𝖸-𝖥𝖮𝖴𝖱: 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖢𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝖭𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝖣𝗂𝗌𝗀𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝖬𝖾

~

The feeling of terror is so consuming. It makes you feel useless - you aren't in control. The situation is tipping over, slipping through your fingers like the grains of sand in an hourglass. Ever so slowly; so slowly that its tormenting.

Utter torment.

You've lost your footing, the ground beneath your feet tumbling from out beneath you, along with any remaining sense of hope. It clings to you, gum stuck to the sole of your shoe.

My heartbeat is thumps hard in my ears, pushing out my eyes. Eye sockets stinging as the pain comes down like a steel whip on bare skin. It feels like hard hail stones raining over my head, freezing pain that sinks beneath my skin.

I feel as if I should bask in such a sensation.

Ride the wave of ache, let it take to me a place much nicer than this.

My spine seems too big for my back, and I feel as it breaks the surface of my skin and meets the cold air surrounding me. I cry out, hands reaching behind myself to feel if its really true. Knobs of my spine protrude from my back, bone meeting concrete.

I hurl my guts up, feeling the strain of it rack through me.

The affliction shoots through my legs, my arms, pulsing at the back of my eyes.

"Fuck, fuck!"

Something dribbles down my face, staining my lap with wetness.

Blood? Tears? Both?

I try my best to avoid the puddle of mess beside me, pulling myself away with only my hands.

I can't feel my legs.

The urge to puke again gurgles at the back of my throat, but I swallow, pushing it down. I'm just about ready to pass out before I hear a voice pull me from my daze.

"Please, answer me."

All I can do is croak in reply, throat still burning from hurling up my breakfast.

"Is that.. your spine? I-" The sound of retching cuts him off, and I feel the need to turn away to give him some form of privacy.

"Hobie, I can't feel my legs." The words burn through my oesophagus.

"Shit." He sighs, seemingly finished with his puking session.

I bring my hands up to smear the matter from my face. Instead of falling back, I feel a weird kind of tension from my spine that holds me up.

I stifle a gasp.

Long, spindly black legs jut from my spine, holding my torso up from the blood-stained concrete.

Spider's legs.

I feel a pulsing sensation running down my back from the strain of new muscle and tissue in usage.

I can't help but want to retch again. Running my fingers down my new appendages, the hair tickles my blood-tainted fingertips. I find myself in an odd state of wonder.

I just grew whole new limbs from NOTHING...

"That is so cool." My words get carried away in the night breeze.

"You're amazing." Hobie whispers, now crouching beside me, watching in awe as my newly discovered legs automatically readjust themselves to cater to my shifted weight. "I-I mean, that's amazing."

An odd feeling of pure euphoria settles over me, giving my tired body the energy to finally stand back up. My legs wobble, but the fresh appendages lining my spine are quick to catch me.