𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖱𝖳𝖤𝖤𝖭: 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖫𝗂𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗇 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖱𝖺𝗆𝗈𝗇𝖾𝗌?

~

Out in an alley by the house, I repeat the steps that Noir had gone through, tapping a few buttons before getting to the screen of dimensions.

"Oh! It automatically saves your travel history! Sick as." I mumble to myself, typing in Hobie's dimension code that he had sent me earlier.

A gateway to Earth-138 forms before me, flashing rainbow. Securing my mask over my face, I step into the gate.

~

"Oh god," I mumble, but it comes out sounding like 'moh gawld', due to my hand being clasped over my mouth. Feeling light headed, I lean against the grimy wall of the alley I've stepped into.

Why does that take so much out of me?

A buzz from my hoodie pocket drags me from my thoughts. I slip my phone out with my free hand, the screen lighting up with a notification.

'where you at blud, just got home and u aint waiting for me'

Impatient, much?

Running my fingers down my masked face, I attempt to regain some composure before taking the short trip to Hobie's apartment.

~

I double-check the address he sent me, counting the windows that line the apartment building. OK, so he would be.. That one? Let's find out.

I shot a fluorescent web towards the fire escape stairs lining the window I had calculated to be Hobie's, sharply pulling on it to bring me up. Grunting as I land on the narrow green wire platform, I take a peek through the window. Seeing the band t-shirts all over the floor and used mugs with dried out teabags littering every surface, I confirm its his apartment.

I try at the latch on the window. Unlocked. Def Hobie's, then. No sane person would just casually leave their window unlocked after dark.

Opening the window fully, I slip through the gap, landing softly in a crouch on the carpet. I close the window behind me, locking it due to muscle memory.

Stretching back to my full height, I glance around the cramped apartment for any sign of my favourite pierced teenager. "Hobie?" I call out, my voice ricocheting against the thin walls. As I wait for a response, I tuck my discarded mask into my tote and chuck the bag onto the couch.

"Ya here!"

Hobie strolls out of the hallway, wearing nothing but a towel around his waist. His hair is still dripping from a shower.

"Put some clothes on, you nudist." I stick my tongue out at him. But really, I'm not complaining. Smash.

"Oh you know you luv it!" He also sticks his tongue out, revealing a shiny silver tongue piercing. Is bro pierced everywhere?

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Hobes."

Hobie grins, before sauntering back to his room, hopefully NOT to dress (hehe). Before closing his door, he calls back, "Make yourself at 'ome, n/n!"

"Do you want a cuppa?" I call back, heading towards the cluttered, but still somewhat clean kitchen.

"You really are a brit." He walks back in, still tugging a shirt over his head. "You sure talk like one."

"Just answer the question, mate." I start opening random cupboards. "Where do you keep ya mugs?"

He gestures towards one of the top cupboards that mounts the right wall before flicking on the kettle to boil.