𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖧𝖱𝖤𝖤: 𝖲𝗉𝗂𝖽𝖾𝗋 𝖲𝗈𝖼𝗂𝖾𝗍𝗒

I step out of the epileptic nightmare, dizzy, with wobbly knees like a newborn foal. I try straightening myself out before Miguel notices my unease.

"You get used to it." Welp, I guess he did notice.

Taking in my surroundings, I see at least a hundred other Spider-people, chatting, eating muffins and other treats, and just leaning against pillars like they are the most mysterious person on earth.

"Damn, you really have recruited the entire multi-verse."

"Not everyone." He says, seemingly angered at my words. Wonder what the story is there. Starting his trek towards what seems to be an elevator, I hop along after him, still comprehending my surroundings.

"I would have attempted to recruit you earlier, but as I said before, by GOD are you hard to track down, y/n." Any anger I had noticed before had fizzled out, replaced with a slight kindness towards me.

"Yeah. I'm always on the move. Can't let any crime get unnoticed, or whatever."

I had made a vow to myself after Valeesha's death to never sit still again. All it does it make things worse. No matter what you are doing, the world keeps revolving.

"Right." We reach the elevator, and Miguel pushes a button, ushering me into the space.

"Where are we going?" I ask, resting my hands on the back of my head, giving my back a crack.

He flinches at the noise before replying.

"We are meeting with a few others." Well that didn't answer WHERE we are going, but alright.

The double doors of the elevator slide open with a hiss, opening up to dark space, with an elevated platform surrounded by screens. I take notice of the others in the room.

A roughly 5'5 guy, golden bangle on his wrist, turns his body around to face me, hair flicking with him. My eyes travel down his suit. Bro's dawgs are out.

Another person turns around, their hood covering part of their white mask. They wear a predominantly black suit, with some white and a pink accents. Another girl.

An unmasked man who seems to be wearing a dressing gown was already facing the elevator when my new best buddy and I stepped out. His mousy brown hair sticking up in all directions, he gives a wave. And so does the small child strapped to his chest.

I let out a squeal, quietly skidding over to him and the tiny little monster. "Who's this cutie?"

She pulls back her sloppily crocheted spider-man beanie and meets my gaze, a grin evident on her freckled face. She giggles, squirming in her harness, while the man replies to my question.

"This ginger ninja is Mayday," He sticks out his hand for a handshake, and I comply, as he continues. "And I'm Peter B Parker. One of the many Peter Parkers you will meet here."

Another figure I didn't notice turns around now at the sound of my voice. He wears a studded vest over his suit, covered in pins. He has chunky knee high boots over his skinny jeans, along with a guitar slung over his shoulder. Spikes protrude from the top of his head. Holy shit, he looks awesome.

Miguel strides over to elevated platform, gesturing towards me flippantly before speaking.

"This is Lynx Spider. Finally tracked her down after 2 weeks."

I grin sheepishly, but don't bother to cover it, since I'm still wearing my mask. Everyone is, except Miguel and Peter.

"Masks off now." He says, his back to the six of us.

I watch as each of them slips off their mask. They say their names as they go.

"Pavitr Prabhakar." One says, slipping off his mask to reveal a cheeky grin and cute dimples.

"Gwen Stacy." The hooded one mumbles, flipping back her hood and discarding her mask. She shakes out her partly shaven hair, giving me a shy smile before tucking a blonde-pink lock behind her ear.

"Dig the hair." I say, earning a proper smile from her.

I turn to the last masked figure, waiting for his introduction.

"Hobie Brown." He says, though it sounds more like 'Obie'. Fingers curling under his mask, he reveals his face.

Stifling a gasp, I take in his beautiful features. Bouncy wicks were hidden beneath the spikes, along with a pierced lip and eyebrow. He quirks an eyebrow in my direction.

They are all waiting for me to take off my mask.

"Um, y/n l/n." I say, flipping back my hood.

Squaring my shoulders, I attempt a confident demeanor before shedding my mask.

I don't look around to see their reactions, instead meeting Miguel's gaze. His smile seems slightly encouraging. Nah, I'm just imagining that.

In my peripheral vision, I see a smirk on Hobie's face as Pavitr nudges him with his elbow, pumping his eyebrows up and down, almost comically.

Gwen comes up behind me, lazily slinging one arm over my shoulder before saying,

"Welcome, to the Spider Society."

~

A/N:

now what the actual hell was that shit. someone needs to lock me up for this dogshit writing 🕺🕺

at least yall finally met hobie *wink wink*mm