13; love fest.

"it's sold?"

the two boys stared at their aunt is disbelief, "you—you sold this house in the last twelve hours?" conrad asked her, "yes. to a-a lovely family with three children and some kind of a poodle mix," "well, it can't just be over," jeremiah said to her, "it is. uh, i'm gonna need your keys, please,"

conrad dug his hand into his pocket, staring at jeremiah. it was too late now, they just had to give in.

"i'll bet you're really enjoying this," he spoke to julia as he took his key off from the rest, julia sighed before holding her hand out for jeremiah's one also.

"mom, don't do this," skye told their mom, shaking their head. if she did go through with it, it would ruin everything. the boys would never want to talk with either one of them again.

"skye, really?" julia said looking at them with a confused look, having no idea why they were switching up, she took the keys from both boys before looking back at them again, "i told you two that i was selling the house. you just refused to believe it. and i'm not enjoying it, but i will admit that i'm relieved it's finally over. come on, skye. excuse me," julia said walking off, skye followed behind, calling to her.

conrad sighed, looking down at emmy. she was staring down at the floor, this was susannah's favourite place, the place that tied them all together. and now it was taken from them, properly this time. it wasn't theirs anymore.

skye tried talking their mom out of it but it didn't work. she drove off without skye, leaving them with everyone so she could head off to boston.

they all went inside, gathering in the kitchen.

"okay. so, i know things aren't going so great right now, but it's always the darkest before the dawn, right?" jeremiah says to everyone, trying to keep their hopes up, but nobody felt like that anymore.

"yeah, not this time,"

"um... i'm—i'm sorry. i-i tried to get her to call of the deal," skye says as they walk inside to join them, "it's not on you, skye," conrad said, finally not blaming them for their mom. "i know, but she's my mom, so i would get if you guys were angry with me, too. i just can't deal with her right now," jeremiah wrapped their arm around them, "hey, no one's mad at you, skye,"

"so, what? we're supposed to go home now?" steven asks, not wanting to leave. "yeah," conrad answers, "it's over,"

"no, it can't be.., our—our last memory here can't be this. everyone miserable and defeated," emmy says to them all, "...i mean, this place deserves a better goodbye than that," belly adds on. "like what?" conrad asks the two girls, "my mom came to the beach house with susannah for the first time after her dad died. and it was supposed to be just the two of them, but susannah hated how empty the house felt, so she decided to throw a huge party. everyone was dancing and drinking, and they went swimming at midnight. and susannah said it was like gatsby or something," belly went on, "so i say that we throw a party, too," belly said excitedly, "i agree, bells," emmy said smiling at her little sister.

"i'm in," "me, too," "me three," skye says, "oh, i love this for us," cam says, making everyone laugh a little.

"you in?" steven says as he looks towards conrad, everyone turned to look at him, he lifted his eyes to look at belly and emmy, "i think it's exactly what my mom would have wanted. she'd love it,"