4; summer heat.

emily walked downstairs with conrad, finding belly and jeremiah sat at the table, him putting the bowl down from his face and having a milk moustache, emmy looked at him trying to hold back a laugh.

"yo, i'm gonna go wash the clams. did you get the lighter fluid?" conrad asks jere, "mm. yeah, it's already on the beach," his brother tells him.

emmy looked at belly, who was still ignoring her. she looks up at conrad who wraps his arm around her, the two walking outside together as steven and susannah passes by after painting steven's portrait.

"wait, emmy," she said stopping them, "stay there," susannah tells her as she continued walking into the kitchen.

"you go, i'll catch up," she tells conrad who nods, walking outside to go start on the clams.

emily follows behind susannah and steven, standing in the doorway. "are we done with the portrait yet?" steven asked susannah, "yeah, for today," she responds smiling. "but you do look good in a dress shirt, steven. uh, which makes me think of belly doesn't hurry up and ask cam to that ball, you should take her," susannah suggests, "ew. no way," belly says with a disgusted look.

"no, no, no, yeah, yeah, yeah. i'm already going with shayla," he tells susannah, "to the debutante ball?" laurel asks as she walks in holding a few things. "yes," he responds, "as an escort?" laurel looking at him confused as to what she was hearing, never expecting steven to go to one of those kinds of things.

"wrap your head around it, mom, all right? shayla's coming today with nicole and gigi, so you'll meet her," "that's wonderful," susannah says happily, "oh, and don't forget, ms. covingtons first dance rehearsal is tomorrow, so, uh, tick-tock," "i'm asking cam today," belly confirms to susannah, "i don't know my kids anymore," laurel laughs, "well, except for you emmy," she winks towards the girl who awkwardly smiles, belly raising her eyebrows since she knew something her mom didn't.

"wait, are you wearing makeup?" susannah asked laurel after looking at her, "yeah, she's wearing makeup," "oh, my... she definitely is," steven says hyping her up a little, "oooh!" "mom!"

"so what? we're having a party," she says to everyone, "mm-hmm, i'm sure it has nothing to do with john coming to the clam bake?" "oh, please. the husbands always come for the fourth," "he's not your husband anymore," belly says after her mom, "oops. yeah," she laughs, "ex-husband,"

"you know, i still don't understand why you invited dad's girlfriend," emmy gave steven a small whack on the shoulder, "her name is victoria, and your father wanted us all to meet her," "more like she just wanted to see what she looked like," emmy whispered to him.

"oh, belly, i need you to make up the guest bed," "wait, dad and victoria are staying here?" belly said annoyed, gaining a glare from laurel.

"in the room next to mine?" "yeah,"

belly groans, hitting her head down onto the table.

"oh, speaking of dads, yours called. he's closing a deal, so.. he can't come," susannah says to jere, "what?" he says looking disappointed, "did you say dads not coming?" conrad asks as he walks back inside, "mm-hmm," "but i got some serious fireworks for the show this year," jere tells susannah, she shrugs, "we'll take a video," "it's not the same," "i know," she responds.