10; love sick.

"so this is why you haven't answered any of my phone calls and texts?" jere asks conrad, him only looking back at him once he spoke, he was in shock that emmy was there. jeremiah had called her to come and help, she had come all that distance just to help out jeremiah to find him. him feeling like he'd wasted their time.

"jere. jere. did you not hear what i just said? we're going to lose this house. moms house," "why would your dad sell this house?" belly asks, "he's not. our aunt julia is," conrad explains. "susannah's sister?" "half sister. apparently, the house belonged to the both of them. and then when mom... now aunt julia owns the whole thing, so...," conrad tells jeremiah.

"okay, we'll just call dad and figure something out. that's it," "you think i haven't already done that? he says legally the house is hers,"

"okay, then he'll buy it,"

"he doesn't have the money to buy it! between brown and the medical bills and the..," "yeah, i know how much the medical bills cost because i was there. how long did you know about this and not tell me?" jeremiah snapped at conrad, "jere, this was all happening so fast. i was going to tell you after i'd taken care of it,"

jeremiah laughs, "and this is you taking care of it? going AWOL, ditching school, not talking to us?" "fuck school! i don't care!" "connie, you have to go back or you'll fail your class!" jere tried to explain to him but he wasn't budging. he wouldn't leave the house until he knew it wasn't for sale anymore.

"how are you going to become a doctor if you fail out of college, conrad?" emmy said to him, he pointed at her, not even being able to look at her, "you have no idea what you're talking about," "seriously? we went to brown to check on your ass," jeremiah tells him, pointing at him and then to emmy and belly.

"i called her to come help me out, because i honestly didn't think you'd pull this shit again but here we are. you don't give a shit about anyone but yourself,"

jeremiah stormed out the room, needing to get away from him. belly went out after him while emmy stood still, staring at conrad in disbelief.

he wouldn't even look at her. instead he put all his focus on the painting that hung above the fireplace.

she honestly felt like she could've hit him. she was that mad at him right now.

"sorry if me being here is weird. but i still care about you conrad. i wanted to make sure you were alright," "you shouldn't have bothered," he told her, sounding a bit heartless. she scoffed, she was trying her best to be the bigger person but boy was he making it hard for her.

"so. the house..,"

"is for sale. and jere doesn't even care," "of course he cares. but he cares about you more. after everything that happened... you go missing? i mean, he thought something really bad had happened to you. so did i, i was worried sick,"

"i got a call two days ago. from liam. he was asking me about a 'for sale' sign in our front yard. i thought it was a misunderstanding, so i drove straight here. i pulled the stupid sign out of the ground, and i threw it in the garbage. seeing that sign was like losing her all over again, and i didn't want that for jere. i'm going to use my trust as a down payment for the house. talking to my moms financial guys in the morning," he tells her.